oem springs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo

Reaction score
Hi all,

My drivers side spring apparently has cracked and causing an MOT failure. (The garage quoted £400 to do the work!)

Where can I find some OEM springs to fit my Twingo RS?
It has the CUP package if that makes a difference. I'll use the How-to guide on here an have a crack at it myself.

All the posts on here seem to be about fitting lowering springs, but for insurance reasons I can't really consider that. But surely there must be a whole load of OEM springs sitting in peoples garages?!

Thanks,
Steve

Probably are a few in peoples garages. You could also try contacting Karl at SMC Renault.

£400 work!! That's alot! Buy a set of lowering springs from KAM racing and get them to fit, think they only charge around £100 for fitting.

So roughly £250 all in

yeah it sure seemed steep! but yeah, trying to avoid the lowered route as then I'd have to swap insurers etc, etc. But yes going aftermarket is stupidly cheaper!

singlespeed, would you miss them? ;) i wonder how much they would cost to post?

Renault wanted a load for just springs so I bought used and fitted them to my standard suspension after upgrading to coilovers, the snapped spring necessitating the replacement.

The standard being kept just in case