Oil catch tank for tce engine

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikehealy5

Reaction score
need some help with fitting an oil catch tank.

i noticed the other day when doing some cleaning under the bonnet that theres a fair bit of oil coated inside my induction set up. i know this is normal as oil vapor gets beyond the piston rings and then the vapor is re-directed back into the intake system. hense my by bov, intercooler and indution pipes are all coated in a thin layer of oil. i understand the oil stops the air flow from being as smooth as it can be.

to combat this iv ordered a new oil catch tank, iv had a look at the twingo workshop manual and this is what iv found.....

Disconnect the oil vapour rebreathing circuit unions
on the inlet distributor,
- on the air filter box outlet air pipe,
- on the rocker cover.
a Remove the oil vapour rebreathing circuit.
a Disconnect the fuel vapour rebreathing circuit
unions (10) .
- on the air filter box outlet air pipe,
- to the inlet distributor.

would i really need to some how connect all these together???? lol

could i just tap in to the big pipe that branches of to two points near the throttle body/intake pipe??
iv never fitted a catch tank so im not sure on where to start,
any help would be great!!

hey mate u need to have a line going from the pcv positive crankcase ventilation to the catch can and then out to the valve cooler or intake manifold

oscar":3vm7rktn said:
hey mate u need to have a line going from the pcv positive crankcase ventilation to the catch can and then out to the valve cooler or intake manifold

wheres the pcv positive crankcase ventilation located? ? lol

and where abouts on the mani should I re-attach it?

could I just vent it through a breather filter??

renault call it the oil vapour breather or rebreather man wheras it's known to most people and in textbooks as positive crankcase ventilation or pcv. basically a lot of hondas and other souped up cars will just go straight with a little filter on the crank case ventilation / breather and to keep it easy to understand they just catch the oil in the little tiny pod filter and fart the fumes out into the atmosphere. basically the catch can is the same, exept it vents the fumes back into the manifold to be burned! for the inlet side, follow the chart you posted and see where the ''oil vapour rebreather'' runs into the inlet manifold and that will be where you want to connect the other side of the catch can and then mount it hope that helps sir

cheers Oscar il have a look after work tomorrow. im still not 100% with regards to finding the right pipes/places to tap in. lol

has anyone else fitted one that might have pics?? that would be a great help.

see the above picture you posted sir? have a look at number 9 ;)

no bother man which one have you bought in the end mike? hope it's not the d1 spec off ebay, you need one that has the filter inside to trap the oil so that it may catch on it and drip into the can. if there is no filter like in the d1 spec catch can, it's just cosmetic and actually serves no purpose which is a gutter

Ooh this is helpful...ove been thinking of putting one on mine for a while, might have to get it ordered soon. Thanks people :)

lgonzalez":2x65pi99 said:
Ooh this is helpful...ove been thinking of putting one on mine for a while, might have to get it ordered soon. Thanks people :)

theres a little "how to" on my thread lewis. its got everything in it that you will need to know.

mikehealy5":1rqfc2fg said:
lgonzalez":1rqfc2fg said:

theres a little "how to" on my thread lewis. its got everything in it that you will need to know.
Ahh wicked, cheers dude :)

daft question but where did you get the diagrams on info on the engine? been looking for a Haynes manual or anything like that to help me out with the engine but cant find one!

daft question but where did you get the diagrams on info on the engine? been looking for a Haynes manual or anything like that to help me out with the engine but cant find one!

Anyone know how to remove the first turbo pipe that runs over the top of then engine then down to the front of the car on a Clio 1.2 tce?
Any help would be appreciated:)