Oil filter tool

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try hunt a tool out later online as my laptop battery is fucked and needs constant power now!

Also I can get a how to off the system at work that I can send with the parts

Twingogeekeo":1sszoy1z said:
I'll try hunt a tool out later online as my laptop battery is f****d and needs constant power now!

Any luck with finding the tool, mate?

Monster Detail":3ruygot1 said:
Twingogeekeo":3ruygot1 said:
I'll try hunt a tool out later online as my laptop battery is f****d and needs constant power now!

Isn't it just an oil filter wrench?

Matt":hi4fgui3 said:
Monster Detail":hi4fgui3 said:
Twingogeekeo":hi4fgui3 said:

Isn't it just an oil filter wrench?

Yea but its just a wrench head that come in different sizes. Renault have there own with a part number. I checked it but you cant get them at the moment the on back order and needed to come from france.

Hi Guys, My Silvie is coming up to 1200 miles and I'm hoping to change oil and filter this weekend - my son was a motor tech and has all the schnappon kit ( he changed all 3 engine mounts last night on his Clio 172 in about 10 mins - good excuse for a quick razz round the local lanes at -3 degrees C ) so we will take some piccies and hopefully compile a step by step guide.

Cheers Den

Rite! Alot of ppl seem to be doing this! I am not mechanically minded at all!
My silverstone is just over 3000 miles.

What should I do to it to give it a health check?

Is it worth giving to a local garage to go over it an give it a refresh? And if so, roughly what prices am I looking at?
Ta

Unless you've driven it hard 3k is not worth it if you want an interim 'service' do it at 6k

You'll only need oil and pollen filters everything else will be fine.

Ok, ile give it a miss just now then. Wen I get round 2 doing it, will I need a pollen filter? As I don't have air con?

Thanks for your help! :)

Most of the garages I called still charge for pollen filters when servicing cups but couldn't answer if a cup had one or not... Except 2. Watford and Karl

Bloody useless garages selling cars they know very very little about.

I went with 6k miles on mine when it had a change. Done on my drive. Remember to have the oil warm as its far easier to drain