Oil temps / Pressures

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Ben

Reaction score
Right one for you (proper) trackdayers (not Santa Pod that's not a trackday).....

Has anyone DEFINATIVELY monitored their oil temps / pressures? If so what's the highest you've read?

I don't want I think blah blah blah I'd like proper answers.

Also if anyone knows what's the thread type and size of the oil pressure switch and oil filter?

Thanks

safe to say i dont think anyone has monitored the oil temp as scan guage and that cant pick it up as i believe there isnt a sensor which is odd, most standard cars give an oil temp guage :(
i've been looking into it but have found any answer really apart from ktec or race garage by me can install oil cooling kit to kick in when temps get high.
i cant remember if my old 110bhp clio k4m had an oil temp guage as this could be an easier way of getting a fitting as it can be ordered as an oem part and should bolt on with little problem if you get my meaning

It's easy enuf to monitor without spending £100+ on a scangauge ;) (hence asking about the thread dimensions)

Mr_Ben":ik30dz8b said:
It's easy enuf to monitor without spending £100+ on a scangauge ;) (hence asking about the thread dimensions)

Al has a scan gauge he might have the answer :)

no monitors can do it which is a shame if you've got cash to blow mind. believe Al told me i believe as i got mixed up thinking if didnt show water temp but it didnt show oil
might be worth a shout to ask in a clio forum, im sure someone has done it to the older k4m series by now. havent seen anyone yet on uk, german or italian sites as of yet for 133
karl would anyone in your work place know?

No we dont have a system that tells us or not that i can find as of yet

The scangauge only monitors what the ECU outputs and the basic is an on/off switch to say if the pressure is too low not actual pressure or temp....

Mr_Ben":3ofr5xx8 said:
Right one for you (proper) trackdayers (not Santa Pod that's not a trackday).....

Has anyone DEFINATIVELY monitored their oil temps / pressures? If so what's the highest you've read?

I don't want I think blah blah blah I'd like proper answers.

Also if anyone knows what's the thread type and size of the oil pressure switch and oil filter?

Thanks

firstly 1/4 mile puts a hell of alot more strain on your car than tracks!!so u will prob find more 1/4 cars run gauges than tracks!

are u looking for reading for a twingo??
as i have oil pressure+temp readings somewhere that i can dig out if u just want a rough idea

For 18 seconds vs 15/20 mins?!?! Hahaha I doubt it very much not on an encobox Twingo.

Course I want it for the Twingo what's the point of having it for another car? I could have done that already using my civic data.......

Mr_Ben":iq934hwe said:
For 18 seconds vs 15/20 mins?!?! Hahaha I doubt it very much not on an encobox Twingo.

Course I want it for the Twingo what's the point of having it for another car? I could have done that already using my civic data.......

ok only trying to offer some help as u didnt actually say ;) thought u might want figures as a ref

18 secs :lol: :lol: what u walking :lol: :lol:

one full blown full up a strip will put about 87% more strain on nearly every part of your car ;)

OK 15 I doubt a Twinkle would do better :lol:

Why would I ask for other car temps on a Twingo site?!?! Jeez... :roll:

Yeah OK....... it puts loads of stress on your steering, suspension brakes, etc etc constantly and in different direction...... (in a straight line :lol: )

my engine ran hotter in drag due to revving and burn out without air movement during and dont get to perform cool down lap long enough, hense way it does run hotter then track but not as long.

back on subject i will contact the nice french woman and the c*** man from renault sport france and see if they can help give me what your after, or gain might be exclusive only to R owners. hehe

True you have a point Orbital :)

If you would that would be grand cheers :D

seriously when is a company going to release a damn guide like halfords sales etc. would make life a big easier now and twingo gt and now rs has been out long enough :(

There is no oil temperature or pressure gauge on the Twingo so if you wanted either it'd have to be fitted third party and in line.

I know that, that's why I was asking if any trackdayers have monitored it, and therefore asking the second question.

And it seems it's big fat no.

So can anyone answer the second question

Mr_Ben":3kze0rrl said:
I know that, that's why I was asking if any trackdayers have monitored it, and therefore asking the second question.

Sorry, skipped over the second. But considering there are about 6 133 owners in the country who track their cars "regularly" I'm going with no.

TBH, I'd like it but it doesn't concern me not having one. Just do the suggested warm up lap as you would in any car and you'll be fine. Water temp is a pretty good indication but remember oil takes longer.

Mr_Ben":xxom5ptr said:

i can answer the second Q!!

TURBO":26uakdv1 said:
Mr_Ben":26uakdv1 said:

i can answer the second Q!!

Then why haven't you?! :roll:

Haha good call Al

Edit: If anything Al getting up to temp isn't the issue it's more I don't want to run too higher temps. But yeah I realise we are a small band of people ;) :lol: