OLD FART DRIVES RECKLESSLY?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossie_jt26

Reaction score
Is it me or what? Got the usual contisport3s 195/40 17 with 4ml of even tread. Cant move off the line without wheelspin on any damp surfice. Is 4ml too little? Are these boots no good? Do I just need to get used to the 133? Only done 500 miles!

Maybe just a case of getting used to the Twiglet! I used to get quite regular wheelspin below 4mm when I had my old 133 and even quite bad understeer just going round roundabouts slightly too quickly.

My dad is an old fart with a brand new Focus ST and gets these symptoms too, so maybe your thread title is correct!

There's only one answer, your releasing your inner youth :D

My 133 does the same even with my new tyres, it's due to its very cold now n damp Icey roads can't be helped really roll on the summer again lol oh word of warning watch out for rear end stepping out :s

I'll just get on with it! When I do change rubber should I stick with what I've got? Anyone tried Dunlop Sportmaxx?

mossie_jt26":2i6jffze said:
I'll just get on with it! When I do change rubber should I stick with what I've got? Anyone tried Dunlop Sportmaxx?

i also want to change to the dunlop sportmaxx RT's (they come standard on clio 200EDC so i think there good) after my pirelli's p zero nero wear out ill be wanting to try those

manofhow":3jfw3xq1 said:
twingo does like to spin up

Turn off traction control, I found out today its really easy and fun to spin up and do a small burnout :D

But when the weather worsens drive a lot slower than usual as the rear end on every hot hatch renault is prone to lift off oversteer and generally being twitchy, think of it as a good time to save fuel ;)

i can get the back end out so easily on conti's, still havent found that point yet with the R1R's ( sure i can find that point next month at brands) :)

maggi112":23qn1qjq said:
The issue there Chris is when it does let go you will be travelling much faster. I always find the contis progressive when they do let go

exactly why i have chickened out pushing it to find it,

they enable me to go as fast as i want to go, with out going backwards through a hedge