Ollie133cup's RS 133 CUP.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for street use you have gone down more than far enough. But to pull the ronal turbo look of you need to come down some more.
They do look a good bit of kit any news on the price ?

gsidave":3br6qcke said:
I think for street use you have gone down more than far enough. But to pull the ronal turbo look of you need to come down some more.
They do look a good bit of kit any news on the price ?

Yeh, well the Zenders are 15's so the fronts coilies can come down plenty enough for the big drop , its just the rears im bothered about now if i can get them low enough.

As for the price they will be around £750-£800 I think.

Weitec Coilover Kit is the same as the KW kit and that is £650 aren't very good quality and aint dampening adjustable so the BC's imo are very good value and a fantastic coilover even when i had them on my starlet just amazed me how good they were.

Not sure yet as mine are the development set, so not in production . But i reckon around £750-800 not sure what that is in euros

and Thanks

Ollie133cup":q6eh2ruq said:
Not sure yet as mine are the development set, so not in production . But i reckon around £750-800 not sure what that is in euros

and Thanks
oh thanks, in fact i tried to look for this coilovers on BC's site but i don't find anything :))

in italy isn't imported yet, there's only bilstein or KW/weitec....

Hi,

I'm Bren, I work at BC Racing UK. My colleague Kev has been dealing with the Twingo development but I've been pointed to this thread by Karl.

The kit will retail at £699 including vat.

Its clear that there is no room on the rear for a coilover unit but irrespective of this we do not produce true coilover units if there's any doubt about the strength of the shell at the original upper shock mounting position. The shell is not designed to take the forces transmitted through a spring at this point. We have done true coilover conversions for the rears of cars before but the shell has needed strengthening to cope.

We are working on ways to lower the car further at the rear. As has been pointed out, most Twingo owners wouldnt want a greater drop then the kit currently offers but we always try to meet all of our customers needs, not just the majorities needs :)

It maybe possible to reduce the thickness of the upper rear spring mount and/or just run lower spring rates all round which will allow more droop and a lower ride height. Or maybe the factory can simply supply a shorter spring.

Damper length adjustment is just used to match damper stroke to the ride height so that you retain maximum damper travel. It in no way determines ride height itself.

I note that camber top plates have been mentioned, do you guys have any further information on these? Any pictures? We try to incorporate as many adjustment variable as possible into the product.

Anyway, Ill leave Kev to the development but its good to see that we are on the right track with the kit and if anyone has any questions then just fire away :)

BCRacing UK":31cos9tt said:
Hi,

I'm Bren, I work at BC Racing UK. My colleague Kev has been dealing with the Twingo development but I've been pointed to this thread by Karl.

The kit will retail at £699 including vat.

Its clear that there is no room on the rear for a coilover unit but irrespective of this we do not produce true coilover units if there's any doubt about the strength of the shell at the original upper shock mounting position. The shell is not designed to take the forces transmitted through a spring at this point. We have done true coilover conversions for the rears of cars before but the shell has needed strengthening to cope.

We are working on ways to lower the car further at the rear. As has been pointed out, most Twingo owners wouldnt want a greater drop then the kit currently offers but we always try to meet all of our customers needs, not just the majorities needs :)

It maybe possible to reduce the thickness of the upper rear spring mount and/or just run lower spring rates all round which will allow more droop and a lower ride height. Or maybe the factory can simply supply a shorter spring.

Damper length adjustment is just used to match damper stroke to the ride height so that you retain maximum damper travel. It in no way determines ride height itself.

I note that camber top plates have been mentioned, do you guys have any further information on these? Any pictures? We try to incorporate as many adjustment variable as possible into the product.

Anyway, Ill leave Kev to the development but its good to see that we are on the right track with the kit and if anyone has any questions then just fire away :)

Hi Bren

Thank you for joining the forum and giving the guys the informtion they are looking for and im sure you can help the guys with all there questions they still have.

Karl

Hi Bren

Its good to see you guys taking an active interest in the development of this kit.

Kevs been doing a fantastic job keep me updated and answering any questions ive had and yourself also.

I registered to say what Bren has said.... but he beat me to it.

With regards to the camber topmount we want to produce direct-fit kits, and the Twingo does not have a suitable strut-top to mount a camber topmount too, so we have to use the original rubbers. You would have to to modify the shell to take a bolt-on topmount.

Please bear in mind that the kit as fitted to Ollie's car its the first time its been fitted to a car, rather than in a simulation of what we think is needed. Nice to see the comments on the handling being great "out of the box"
Coilovers fitted, Absolutely fantastic cannot fault them in the slightest. Only issue ive found id that the rear doesnt go very low

What sort of drop would you guys ideally want on the back? That's ~40mm on lowest and we can go +12mm with the spacers so that would give a range -28mm to -40mm. Does it need to go 10mm lower? 20mm lower?

Once the kit is released & correct it will be available on the website.

Attachments

• _MG_48462.jpg
    _MG_48462.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 676
Another 10-15mm would be perfect for the rear for my liking.

could you not have two sets of rear springs for sale on your site, because i know a few people like the height of the rear now, but for me for example i would like another 10-15 mm.

Glad to see the BC team signing up it's something I might look at doing in the future not a massive drop but can adjust to what I'm doing.

The springs are custom made for the kits and every time you add a variation to the product range it adds to stock inventory and complication. We have to either stock the kits plus two different rear spring rates and swap them to suit the customers needs or we have to stock two completely different kits.

Neither option is particularly viable or efficient so we need to design a rear set up to suit all needs.

i have camber mounts if you want to try them out ollie, should work with aftermarket kits. from ATS

SNV33858.jpg

SNV33865.jpg

SNV33863.jpg

havent got any pics of when it was test fitted. also its the one for stock clio suspension, can be used for aftermarket set-ups but they sell those ones as well. got throguh kam-racing. i think the back-part is slightly wider on the 2nd version.

selling my car at moment so dont mind lending part to you ollie for time beiing, but its a major pain with the panel on the passengers side as you cant adjust it on the fly.

BC, i saw that you stated that you couldnt do the rear in full coilies like the r2 version due to strength issues. could the addition on the rear strut brace aid the strength issue? as most drivers have them fitted now