On-the-spot fines planned for careless driving

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are saying it's a less punishment though because if a copper caught u before, it was off to court for dangerous driving. Will hopefully discourage some people though because it does wind me up

Depends on how it's used/enforced. It should be a good thing though

toni_133":2aklx6oe said:
i have a p***s yesterday sat up my bum though my village, its 30 for a reason.

Must.....resist.....the......erge......to......say......something...... :eek: :eek: :lol:

I wrote my opinion on RS, where I'm 99% sure Karl read this originally ;)

I overtook my missus on the way to mine yesterday, perfectly fine, no cars coming and she has a 1.1 C2 so there was no contest.

When I got home she had a go at me, meh meh meh thats dangerous! What if the police officer sees it in the same light!

Al":ul92xkqq said:
toni_133":ul92xkqq said:
i have a p***s yesterday sat up my bum though my village, its 30 for a reason.

Must.....resist.....the......erge......to......say......something...... :eek: :eek: :lol:

I wrote my opinion on RS, where I'm 99% sure Karl read this originally ;)

HAHAHAHA i`ve just re-read this whooopppssss oh well make a comment i dont mind, hahah still laughing at my self

About time too. Maybe taxi, Audi and van drivers will now observe the '2 second rule' and **** off driving right behind people

Steve-o":2qusuntk said:
About time too. Maybe taxi, Audi and van drivers will now observe the '2 second rule' and f**k off driving right behind people

As much chance of Karl removing his dice dust caps. Or politicians sticking to policies. Or the moon being made of cheese.

Strict enforcement permitting obviously... It's tempting just to brake hard sometimes.

Steve-o":5e8q5x7u said:
It's tempting just to brake hard sometimes.

My mother does, then drives at 20 mph just to F*** them off even more, she is terrible, but the police could also class this as dangerous driving i expect

I can't wait for this to be enforced, there are too many idiots round my bit tail gating (includin some of my friends :|)

But yeah I think its another way for the police to get money but it will help make the roads a safer place :)

toni_133":2lrdgx8y said:
Steve-o":2lrdgx8y said:

My mother does, then drives at 20 mph just to F*** them off even more, she is terrible, but the police could also class this as dangerous driving i expect

I have braked hard and the WOMAN Driver paniced quite a bit and backed off, so it works but could be dangerous

It's almost as broad as a section 5 public order offence (drunk and disorderly) In effect it gives police a very wide consideration and interpretation will reflect massively on the judgement and attitude of the police man/woman. Luck of the draw I guess.

toni_133":2auckp3t said:
Steve-o":2auckp3t said:

I do that when people really p**s me off. Never enough for them to get too close, but when I start going just under the speed limit, and they are going even slower they soon get the idea. Either that or just tap the brakes occasionally ;-)

This is wrong. End of. As far as I remember we live in a democracy, one which supposedly prides itself on it's fair and impeccable law system. So since when does giving Police duties powers to observe a supposed offence, give them the power to report the offence and then also act as judge, jury and exectioner?

This is NOT a communist police state of some sort. Last I checked.

Rather them than some council idiot... It's just an extension of dangerous driving but removing the costly (time and money) magistrate element. Would you rather it went to magistrates, who are not legally trained? Or an experienced traffic officer? Plus do you think the police really want to do the extra paper work if it's not really necessary?! ALSO - democracy went out the window when the coalition nobody voted for came to power...

Personally I think this is taking the p*ss a bit. It's going to turn to bad and it will be hell to drive anywhere!

Who's to say an officer won't see what you did and charge you/give you point for something that they believe was dangerous when they don't know the whole story? You could be be doing anything deemed as dangerous for a valid reason depending on conditions/other road users/scenario. Sure give the points to the people who drive right up the ass of someone or undertaking, etc but you can almost guarantee that the police will take this too far and especially target young drivers as per usual!

At least when it goes to court there has to be evidence not just what a copper says...

My 2 cents...