Orb's very slow project

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Reaction score
Thought id start this up again as more work has been done.

bought the car in Dec 2008 and picked her up in Jan 09. She went in for a spray job quite quickly to match some items up

Next as all young people do with cars, induction kit !
From this,

To this..

Made a scoop to replace the stock one

intending to make an OEM straight through box

although this has been in the making for 4 years... lol

Next started to get a bit serious with wanted to have a full exhaust and sports Cat down, Carlie at Pro-Speed wanted to do a 4-2-1, unfortunately the R2 wasn't out at this point for a reference.. oh, its going back for its 3rd and last version this year... some time haha

First part was made it to the middle resonator, which would later house the cat

Car also went to have the Brembo Max discs and green stuff trail fitted at KTec which seems to be the standard set up.. apart from the greenstuff, useless

Next was buying AST camber mounts in 2012, with no idea if they would work as well as both up-rated engine mounts. it worked :)

Wheels then went back gloss, self sprayed...

Roll Bar went on in the July 2012 ready to hit the track, again hadn't bene done before but since it worked for the 1*2's i just went with it :)

The cars has some other tweeks and mods which i'll upload later

it's strange i thout you already have a thread

anyway nice mod !

just antiroll bar on the rear i don't recommand it

Was on old blocked account in 2012 I think lol.
It's not to bad on the track, at knockhill anyway. Will have to head back to Silverstone or Rockingham to compare as it wasn't on then. For road use I wouldn't even bother, or with any of the other mods lol. Tend to add mods before a start of a season , gives me a chance for a year to see how the latest one goes or if New ones work.
Really need to get the exhaust started once and for all. New manifold will be built from scratch again

very nice work, tidy welds on the exhaust system too if i may say so!

Charlie did a good job first time around, then second time around to be corrected another team member did it but didn't change the important bit, changing from cylinders 1-2 / 3-4 to 1-3/2-3 :(
I'm setting a goal of getting the airbox done before summer :)
And eyeing up some larger calipers for a plug and play set up to go along with the discs

Update on visit to Ktec to have rocker cover re-seated, both belts changed, full service, dog bone mount installed, full geo done, 300mm brakes and MOT.
cars got a full bill of health apart from air bags which random fault with an error code of steering airbag won't deploy.. nice, so having to wear the harness for the time being.
Bit gutted couldnt get the cams put in due to dyno not being ready but least gives a chance to have some fun on the track this summer.

fills out the alloys nicely :)

found out at KTec the bolt in roll cage is available to buy, they just haven't updated their site yet

will get a bolt in roll cage to link up to the harness bar some time in the future.

now the pads have bedded in, clasps slightly more harsher on normal road but to be honest the real and only test for me will be on the track :)