Ordering a new 133.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James-Hilton

Reaction score
I decided to order one of the new facelift 133's last month having seen one in person. I ordered it white with the CUP chassis and 17 gloss black alloys, RS monitor, A/C and the black Renault Sport chequer stickers either side of the car at the rear. I placed the order on the 18th of May and they took a £500 deposit from me. I was then told that the car will be ready to collect in 6-8 weeks. So at the latest putting it mid July. I was also told they would phone me after a week of ordering the car and give me an exact delivery date however no phone call. I decided to phone them up last week on Friday, however the salesman I bought the car from wasn't available but one of his colleagues told me he had it written down for the end of June. This was perfect for me as it would be only a few days after I get back from my holiday. The guy I spoke to though said to phone back today so I could speak to the guy who sold me the car and get the exact dates etc. So anyway I've just come off the phone to him and he told me it's now mid August/September?!?! So that's an extra minimum of a month from what they first said and potentially 6 weeks longer. That means from ordering the car a potential 14 weeks wait. I asked if he was joking when he said it and he sounded surprised that I thought that was unexpected. Needless to say I'm not chuffed.

Someone else has posted about a long lead time for delivery. It's fine if you know from the start, but annoying if its slipped later :(

My mum ordered a new RS 133 in the same colour and all options apart from the anthracite pack and RS monitor at the end of april and its arriving the end of this month and she has just had an email saying its at the ferry port in france so could be earlier, we ordered a TT sline when the new ones first came out we ordered it in august i think it was 2007 and it was expected to arrive 3 months after that however in December 2008 we still had no car!!! turns out audi forgot to place the order and only re-ordered it in september 2008 absolutely crazy luckily they gave us our deposit back; chase up and make sure they have actually placed it and are not doing what audi did to my mum.

I think one person will be building it from the ground up by hand for you with that wait.

Join the club! Ordered 28th April, expected delivery is week commencing August the 6th. When I ordered I was also told 6 - 8 weeks. The salesman seems to think July but I'm not getting my hopes up lol

maggi112":ykwb1ulc said:
I'm trying to think of a less honest profession
Burgular :? although I think thats the point of that particular profession :roll:

See because there is such a large variation in the time he originally told me and the time he told me yesterday? Do you think there is anything I could do? I mean surely that falls under something like false advertising etc? Can't think of a proper name for it.

It's certainly misleading. I would expect a few dealer extras at the very least. If you haven't got matts already them, and a service package or gap insurance free. Again if you didn't already negotiate them at purchase for free. Anything else you fancy really. Rs gearstick and handbrake sleeve might be nice ;)

I think I might be doing just that! :) The salesman did say to keep in touch before the end of the call.

I tried to order an facelift 133 but the finance didn't go through but the reason or the September delivery date is because that's when the new 62 plate is released that was supposed to ve the date I would have got mine

I ordered my new RS Twingo at the start of May, I was told 8 - 10 weeks, I called on Monday and I was told mid August, then I got a call yesterday saying the car was in French Transport and I would be getting it in 10 - 14 days. They have no idea what's happening.

The same thing happened with my current Twingo RS Cup, I waited for 16 weeks back in 2010, I ended up with a courtesy car for 3 weeks!

:twisted: :twisted:

Yea I heard yesterday as well - it was on the ferry but wasn't given an eta on when it would arrive.

I went up to the car garage yesterday and they told me mine has been brought forward now to the start of August. I ordered mine on the 18th of May and was told 6-8 weeks putting it to the 13 of July at the latest.

Well I was supposed to be picking my car up today, turns out its not even at the dealer yet. Not sure if they deliver cars to the dealers on the weekend? Kind of getting sick of being told one thing - making arrangements to compensate n then being told it hasn't gone to plan.

Oh well, lol.