Owning a twingo 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben133

Reaction score
I was just wondering what a 133 is like to drive on a daily basis ride quality, power delivery/acceleration and overtaking. Torn between a 133 or 500 abarth. Any useful information would be great thanks.

Abarth is faster and holds it's value better, just take them out and see which you like most

It depends if you go for 133 with or without the CUP package. The Cup package has stiffer springs which are also slightly lower. It also doesn't come with AC however the full fat 133 has AC and/or climate control.

However I've got a Gordini Tce (GT) so I can't comment on the daily driving having only been in a 133 twice.

I'd recommend what Universe said. Take them both out for a test drive and see which one you prefer. If it's mainly going to be motorway or A road driving I'd problem lean toward the abarth purely because of the extra torque for overtaking and I believe the mileage would be slightly better due to the smaller engine if you're driving when not in boost.

Welcome! I have a cup version of the RS 133 and I don`t find it too bad. Yes the ride is firm but you don`t buy a car like that if you want limo ride quality. Everyone knows what a Renaultsport is for! Fiat 500 Abarth is cool but never driven one. Thought about getting one when I changed my Clio 172 but when I compared the value for money of the Twingo, along with it`s cheeky get away with anything looks and my love for Renaultsport, the 500 was on a loser! Just down to each individuals choice at the end of the day.

They're both nice daily drivers, even a Twingo with the CUP suspension.

You wont notice a real difference between both in overtaking and overall performance.
Where the Twingo needs a downshift, the 500 needs a short moment for the turbo to kick in.

I drove both and the Twingo is more predictable and feels more connected to the road.
I felt a lot safer in it compared to the 500 because the 133 is just foolproof, but never boring. :D

Hence its form the boot of the Fiat is quite unpractical and the headspace is kind of narrow.

Oh... and lets not forget >>>>>> the 500 is ugly as ****... :mrgreen: :cool:

Having had an 07-plate Panda as a daily driver for a while (the 500 and Panda are very similar inside) - I found I was constantly knocking and rubbing my left knee on the centre console...plus, it's a very 'sit-up-and-beg' driving position compared to the low-slungness of the 133...

There's an Abarth 595 parked up where I live and it sounds great as standard compared to my 133 (haven't played with the exhaust, yet...), but there are some pretty awesome mods out there for the Twingo, so it's much of a muchness in that department...

As the above have said, try both and choose the one you feel suits you.