paranormal talk - what scares you the most as a kid / adult!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
talking from experiences. it may be a charachter from a movie such as a demon, boogieman, alien etc and if so which and what made it ruin more than a good few sets of underpants?

i'll start this off, i was about 14 years old and i went to stay at my gran and grampas house for the weekend. they had quite a large house with a long hallway leading down to the downstairs toilet and the bedroom i slept in was directly above the stairs and my grandpa always insisted that we slept with the door open so i always fell asleep with my head / face facing the stairs and banisters but i never thought anything of it. one night i needed a pee, but something felt really weird ... i don't know how to describe it, but you know that feeling you get when you know someone is watching you? no it wasn't scary or anything, it just felt strange i suppose but anyway there was nobody in the room with me so off i went for a pee. went downstairs in the pitch black, may as well be blind it was that dark. using my hands to guide me down the stairs and my feet to ensure i didn't trip and wake everyone up... got to the long hallway and i could see the bathroom door was open but i seen something move infront of the bathroom door. the position of the bathroom window meant that a small amount of light came through from a distant street light. the figure was shadowy, and was wearing a hat and had dark red eyes. i was starring it dead in the eyes, i mean ghosts can't hurt you so what's there to be afraid of man? i looked away to turn on a light and looked back and well it's hard not to swear but it tipped it's hat at me and then made a lunge for me, i remember shouting 'away to f**k with you!' and dived out of the way and in the process waking my grandpa up because i was frantically swearing. it gave me the absolute chills when it tipped it's hat!

i've never had any kind of abnormal sleep patterns or suffered from sleeping problems and i don't sleep walk. has anyone else had this experience or something similar relating to shadowy weird figures and do you believe it was your mind seeing shapes in extremely low light conditions? i don't believe in ghosts really, and if they did exist i certainly wouldn't be afraid. if anything i'd be the one giving it a hard time, i'd want to know all the ghost secrets straight from the horses mouth so to speak. ironically, it was a few years later in WWE/WWF or whatever it's called that the undertaker started to wear that super creepy hat .. and tipped his hat to folk he respected. when i saw that, it sent chills up my spine because now that i think of it .... it looked like the undertaker haha. going for a pee and theres a chance i might get a tombstone? sack that lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

Not really bothered by the paranormal side of things.

When i was 7 my Grandad's dog passed away, a month later my Grandad also passed away, for about 2-3 years i would see him walking the dog, it didn't matter where I was I would see him and he would always smile, wave and then carry on walking, I remember a couple of times I would walk towards him but as i got closer he got further away.

Another one was my step-dads old house, we were told by the previous owner that the house had 'other' occupants, It was a big house, (2 large living rooms, 5 bedrooms along a 25 metre landing). One night i was baby sitting my little brother and we were in the house on our own watching TV and he turned to me and asked me why someone was running along the landing, I had been hearing it but thought it was just me, We used to shut all of the doors upstairs to keep the rooms warm but this one night I went upstairs to get him ready for bed and all of the doors were open including the airing cupboard..? Put him to bed, shut all of the doors and went downstairs to watch TV, about 2 hours later I turned all of the lights off and as i started to go upstairs the door to the other living room swung open... I pegged it upstairs and never stayed on my own there again! haha

I have to admit, while I don't subscribe to the whole ghost hunting thing I have to admit there have been things that I have had happen that made me believe 'something' was about.

The only time I ever had anything happen was in one house I used to live. Doors would open (especially to the loft) and there would be shapes here and there. The worst bit would be when the odd bump and bang was happening you used to get a really strange, oppressive feeling like someone was standing really close to you...

Since then lived at uni houses, moved to a fairly modern converted barn, now in a flat and nothing has ever happened again... Certainly very odd!

Never really use to believe in ghosts & stuff, but the girlfriends auntie is a spiritualist kinda thing, and after some of the stories I've heard, it's started to make me wonder :/
I think a lot of the stuff is in your head though tbh! :)