perspex windows

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

anyone know a good company that can make rear passenger windows and maybe the rear out of perspex, thinking for it in the near future, plus im guessing once they've done it shouldnt be to hard to make repeats.
many thanks

demon tweeks can hold of lots of perspex window kits or can put u in touch with a company if they dont have the ones u want.they did for me.
just out of intrest are u planning on using these on a road car?

hattonperformance":nyq59kf1 said:
can i ask why, but ill ask around my contacts

Because its lighter then glass , and he's going to be doing sprint racing ( not sure im sure he will say) but lightness is key.

it some times works out alot cheaper to buy a sheet and cut them yourself. u need to check how thick u want them tho.

sweet, cheers for the help.
yeah shed a bit of weight off the car and starting to put the car through more track days, 2011 should see full rensports track season done and race liecence done with threw tracks done in the south. plus car tuning should hit a higher stage, exhaust all sorted and handling (over 2k thrown away lol) beginning of year should see electronics sorted with aftermarket etc (getting to expensive and takes to much time have multiple remaps, on 3rd already lol). just looking into small bits and piece/cheap stuff that can be done when ever. seat may go on order from demon tweeks january if all goes to plan for front driver, nice omp style 2 seat one with the head support.

just a warning that if ur cars still road going then perspex can b a pain as it scratches!!
it can become diff to see out of due to scratches and or heat build up!
but good for tracks.
out of intrest what race licence are you going for??

b type, thats the basic one isnt it? lol
hoping to complete it in the twingo too. but doing a couple of lessons in fwd/rwd/4wd first just to get a feel for them all.
cheers for the heads up with scratches, i;ve sene film that they use on wrc cars that apply to outside or inside mainly to stop it shattering onces cracked but hoping that would stop some scratches.
also on the hunt for a good rear spoiler, dumping battery and having lighter front seats still has the car nose heavy

yea the film works well
you want a race battery mounted into ur boot floor

sweet, i think for cost wise we'll just relocate the stock battery to the left hand side of the boot. loving the racing batteries mind, have found one the same volt/amps as stock so i can run everything when cars in its normal state, around 160 quid mark, that good price?

thats cheap depending on which make!!i got my local body shop to cut a hole in my boot floor and weld a battery tray/hole there so as it keeps the weight as low as poss and at the back.
as for licences yea the b licence is the starting point, if you have done afew track days and are comfy driving fast then u should look at the A.R.D.S course they help

if u can u want your battery here ish!!at the back, low as poss and central (unless ur weighting it against something else eg fuel tank)

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

nice, but couldnt be done on the twingo due to the spare wheel and tight space, might just have a nice bracket maybe in left side to counter the driver weight. when the car gets all of its suspension and camber redone ill post up the corner weights of the car, forgot to last time.
saw a nice carbon bat case on demon tweeks :D

You can simple get a battery box mounted back there... Won't be as low as that obviously but it's still putting more weight at the back and lower than its original position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orbital":y85ma9z0 said:
nice, but couldnt be done on the twingo due to the spare wheel and tight space, might just have a nice bracket maybe in left side to counter the driver weight. when the car gets all of its suspension and camber redone ill post up the corner weights of the car, forgot to last time.
saw a nice carbon bat case on demon tweeks :D

for tracks the overal weight and corner weights make a massive diffrence.
iv got a set of car scales if your local?

wales is indeed way to far away. lol
but least you have all the local GB rally scene near by, ussed on of their workshop when the camber and springs were put in. will get read outs next time

Orb if you wanna shed more weight, you could get some euro spec base model windy windows!