Please help,Fitting K&N Apollo..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDon

Reaction score
Hi everyone i just got a K&N Apollo Induction Kit for my 133 RS,I just wanted to know what happens to the old air feed connected to the air box and resinator,Must i remove the old air feed and the resinator?
Or can i just remove the old air feed?
If i have to remove the resinator,How do i do it and dosent it serve a purpose?
Please let me know which is the best option.
Thanks! :D

When i had mine fitted at first i just removed the pipe and left the resinator in behind the bumper. Then i removed it at a later stage. But t be fair if your not worryied about the weight id leave it there.

Twingogeekeo":axn80apf said:
When i had mine fitted at first i just removed the pipe and left the resinator in behind the bumper. Then i removed it at a later stage. But t be fair if your not worryied about the weight id leave it there.
Ok cheers mate thanks for the info!!
Is it heavy?
and what does it actually do,Dosent it control or limit the air flow?
I dont know if i should take it out now :roll:
Thanks.

noone knows what it actually does. I'd go with noise management :)

one member on here was thinking it might be helping midrange torque for some reason. then he pulled out his physics knowledge and blew his own theory...

frediiii":1r9j9w70 said:

one member on here was thinking it might be helping midrange torque for some reason. then he pulled out his physics knowledge and blew his own theory...
Ahhh ok cool thanks!!
:lol: :lol:
Have you removed yours?

frediiii":tp0eidga said:

someone said it was to help with maximum power. I was sceptical, but couldn't work out the actual resonant frequency without some measurements. Guestimates of the dimensions worked out at bottom end of the rev range

Measuring up the resonator and hose is on my list of things to do. Though mine is in the loft and won't be going back on