Poorly Paint :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Reaction score
So when I was cleaning my pride and joy on the weekend I noticed that the paint was flaking a tiny bit, on my spoiler :'( needless to say I was devastated. But took her back to Renault last night and they have decided the repair can be carried out under warranty. Phew!! I got them to send me over the pics, they came through this morning! Not the greatest but you can just about make it out.

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

I have the same issue on my alloys, where Renault painted them to match the spoiler, but the paint job is shocking and it has been to long since they were painted for me to do anything about. Glad to see yours has been sorted.

Glad to see your's is getting sorted for you Leanne. How long is it since yours were painted Toni?

Toni have you tried Renault? I'm pretty sure they have a paint warranty that lasts longer than the normal 3 year one. Worth a try.

Leanne, glad they're covering yours. I looks a bit like a stone chip but that's a pretty tricky place to get one. They should be able to do a decent job blending it in.

I'm pretty sure their bodywork warranty and anti-corrosion warranty is longer than 3 years. As long as they can't trace the problem to an obvious stone chip or something like that, the paint should last longer than 3 years so give them a try. :)

I might do it this afternoon as i`ve got a slow afternoon ahead of me at work. The only problem is the garage that did the work and where i bought it from is about 80 miles away and not me local (trusted) Renault garage. So don't know if that will make a difference.

very glad they are sorting it for me they think it was a bubble in the paint that has cracked. within the email I was sent the guy said " we have to claim such defects under the manufacturers warranty within three months of registration" does that mean my warranty only covers my paint for 3 months? or am I being thick?

Probably just warranty like where it is a problem from the factory, such as the paint bubbling?

Yeah I'd imagine that's pointing out defects such stuff from the factory.

You should be covered for longer with regard to defects that develope as the car ages.

No paint job is perfect unless your buying a prestige, hand built car. You could look round most mass produced cars and find minor blemishes. For example right on the corner of my Megane's spoiler the paint is so thin you can see the primer. It's so tiny only I'd notice but 99% of cars will have a minor imerfections somewhere, it's just whether it develops into something more serious.

Thanks Alex, I appreciate that the paint will never be 100% but I would like to have it as close to that as possible :D

I've heard back from the dealers now its booked in on the 4th of July! They told me they need the car for a whole week! :cry:

maggi112":2f6nm3fl said:
For a spoiler...? Ask them to justify that time.

I asked nicely for a breakdown of the work being carried out and the response I got was "We are leaving the repair method for your rear spoiler to the Bodyshop we are trusting with the repair. They are the experts after all, however I expect they will repaint and re-lacquer the complete spoiler."

They expect? They're subcontracting and not issuing specific instructions as to what they want doing? You need to put your foot down and find out what they plan on doing before they do it and find out why it takes a week to paint a spoiler. I've got a body shop that I drop stuff off to and they can turn it around in a day depending on the item to the highest quality.

I know! I was annoyed with the answer I got but at the end of the day I pretty much expected it as the guys that I have dealt with there always just brush it off with don't worry we'll sort it! And nothing further is said.

Typical dealership kind of response unfortunately.

When my Mrs picked her car up it had a stone chip on the A-pillar which they pointed out. A smart repair bloke tried to sort it and the finish was utterly gash, they wanted to send it to a bodyshop nearly 20 miles away. Annoying on a car that only had a few miles away. I caused enough fuss and they paid for it to go to my bodyshop.

A week seems a long turn around considering they should, as Maggi says, be able to get that done within two days at the most.

Are they giving you a courtesy car?

If they do end up with it for a week, take note of how many miles the car has done before you give it to them... And yes, demand a courtesy car if they dont offer you one. Its not your fault so why should you go without!