Potential damaged rear suspension!?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
Was driving on the a9 this evening at about 65mph and went over a bump,
And there was a massive clonk!

Sounded like a massive rock hit the underside if the car.
But I went back out in the car just now, and now wen I go over bumps at low high st speeds, there is a clonk/noise coming from the rear (potentially passengers side) of the car!!!

Not happy!! Any thoughts?
Ta

Doubt a coil spring would be as be class as wear and tear due to pot holes and that but worth a try that's if it is that mind

Lordyb":3s51dmqd said:
The car is a year and a bit old!
If its broken, will it be warranty!? It better be!

Can argue with RUK if the dealer doesn't do anything about it as a spring snapping after a year is bad.

Oh and avoid driving over items at all cost as a new wheel is £500 before you add a tyre if you damage it ;)

If its a rear spring, and not covered.ive some in the garage. If your over elgin tomorrow, I like dairy milk chocolate

singlespeed":22o17m01 said:
If its a rear spring, and not covered.ive some in the garage. If your over elgin tomorrow, I like dairy milk chocolate

Haha!! I'm in Elgin nxt weekend Neil! Ile c wat the garage says this week then ile get bk to u!! Haha!
I hope it ain't a major issue, can't b bothered with car issues at the moment!

Is this a sign of the rear suspension being damaged?

I might be being paranoid, but the rear just seems a lot lower than the rest of the car!

Ta

58D7A8C7-5D83-42DA-8CA1-4FEDFBF4A67C-4634-0000023A716D6AFD.jpg

Look under the back of the car you will see the 2 springs on the beam, chexk both ends of the springs if ones snapped you will be able to tell as it will be rough or not seated properly

Thanks everyone!
I'm out of my depth, and I can't decide if I'm being paranoid!
So the car is booked in 2mo at my local dealer!
Will keep uz posted!
Ta

Ness motors say my car is fine!
Yet again my paranoia wins!!

Something happened under that car! Things don't go bang for no reason! Lol!
Ahh well!

for me a big glonk is just the exhaust that moved too much and hit the body of the car