Power steering stiffness

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgey1

Reaction score
Intermittently once started and driving off the steering is very stiff as though the power steering isn't operating. Approx 5 seconds later everything is fine. Occurs maybe less than once a week it is that intermittent. Its a 2013 27K mile 133.

Hey mate, same is happening to mine.
I checked the reservoir and topped up the fluid. It solved it for about 3 months then it slowly creeps back in.
Its the worst when trying to park and it plays up

I have this occasionally, and sometimes a grinding noise from behind the steering wheel. Not bothered to check but going to grease the column and linkages over the weekend. Mines a 13 plate 133 with 26k on the clock too

No steering fluid on 133, it's an electric motor providing assistance.

I was having a similar problem, with the grinding noise from steering column too. Stripped down plastics around/under steering wheel and checked motor, all seems okay. Cleaned connections and put back together. Haven't had problem since.

Thanks for your experiences, 4 year warranty runs out shortly so hopefully it may be covered by this but with flag it up with the dealer.

oh wow, i didnt know that! thanks cleggmeister! :cool:

well i topped up a fluid that looked low in that case :lol:

I've currently got the column/motor exposed, have greased up the joints and reseated all the connectors. Will put it all back together later and report back after a few days driving.