Premium Tyres

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC

Reaction score
Looking for some good all arounders would like some that last around 12,000 miles with good reviews, not worried about noise, economy etc only performance, wet weather performance important too.

So far I'm looking at

Michelin PS3 's
Continental Sport 2/5

Anyone had experiences with these?

*sigh* wheels and tyre recommendations in the search bar :p theres a huge tyre review thread!

there will no doubt be vast threads on cliosport.net too :D

the new nankang ns2 is getting ridiculously good reviews all over the shop, same idea as a toyo proxie except cheaper and somehow better :) obviously there is the toyo proxies as well to look at as good value for money. michelin pilot sports etc are also a good bet, you're always in safe hands with a premium michelin

oscar":1fjbmy0e said:
the new nankang ns2 is getting ridiculously good reviews all over the shop, same idea as a toyo proxie except cheaper and somehow better :) obviously there is the toyo proxies as well to look at as good value for money. michelin pilot sports etc are also a good bet, you're always in safe hands with a premium michelin
Have those on the back of the Merc pretty good but for £50.68 I can get the michelins which might suit my occasional spirited driving better most the time I'm on the motorway

oscar":2rieezhh said:
The NS-2R's get my vote, had them on my clio for a little over a week or so before I traded it in but they are exceptionally grippy tyre in the warm and they more than hold their own in the wet also. Just a bit gutted I can't seem to find them in the size for the twingo :-(

lgonzalez":22k4ttue said:
oscar":22k4ttue said:
The NS-2R's get my vote, had them on my clio for a little over a week or so before I traded it in but they are exceptionally grippy tyre in the warm and they more than hold their own in the wet also. Just a bit gutted I can't seem to find them in the size for the twingo :-(
Have you tried in 205/40/17 mate?

Slightly confused as your selling the AD08 shod wheels and now after decent rubber again :?

AD08R is now out as a replacement and I believe its better than the non R version. Hopefully getting a set in a weeks time as they are out of stock at the moment.

Lewis. 195/50/15 are listed ;) I'm still tempted to cancel the order and get a set of soft compound NS2R as that's what I was after but the place dont deal with them.

singlespeed":33ef0gtt said:
Slightly confused as your selling the AD08 shod wheels and now after decent rubber again :?

AD08R is now out as a replacement and I believe its better than the non R version. Hopefully getting a set in a weeks time as they are out of stock at the moment.

Lewis. 195/50/15 are listed ;) I'm still tempted to cancel the order and get a set of soft compound NS2R as that's what I was after but the place dont deal with them.
I have the AD08R version didn't realise till up close they dont really suit what I need, now my mileage is up 160 miles a week

genuinely not seen one bad review on the NS2-R yet. it's strange seeing such a crap tyre manufacturer suddenly put out a fantastic tyre .... for the price of a budget tyre! it makes you wonder how much of the premium tyre price is all marketting and overhead and how much is actually cost and proffit :)

i think i'm going to get trade price maxxis ma-z1's on my rotas when i get them, or go with the NS2-R route as well

oscar":39zf1afv said:
genuinely not seen one bad review on the NS2-R yet. it's strange seeing such a crap tyre manufacturer suddenly put out a fantastic tyre .... for the price of a budget tyre! it makes you wonder how much of the premium tyre price is all marketting and overhead and how much is actually cost and proffit :)

i think i'm going to get trade price maxxis ma-z1's on my rotas when i get them, or go with the NS2-R route as well
It's just not what I need for trotting up and down the motorway lol

LC":2ely2h72 said:
Looking for some good all arounders would like some that last around 12,000 miles with good reviews, not worried about noise, economy etc only performance, wet weather performance important too.

So far I'm looking at

Michelin PS3 's
Continental Sport 2/5

Anyone had experiences with these?

if you want some performance go for some semi slick

many many choice

from experience PS3 are the best nromal tire for wet , conti Sport best for dry

but semi slick are better (even on wet)
just can ride in strong rain (or go for some rain one)