Printed tyres, the next big thing!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Autoblog":3ctmb2or said:
The Next Big Thing: Bridgestone prints patterns on tires
01-bridgestone-printed-tires-628.jpg

How many times have you said to yourself, "Self, I've modded every single part of my car, but those tires, they're just so... black. And boring." Bridgestone has the answer in the form of its Tire Printing Technology.

Comprised of two layers of ink – one below and one above a protective coating – you can fully customize the design of your sidewalls using any kind of vector-based graphics. Bridgestone claims the outer most layer won't succumb to scrapes and scratches, and neither the durability or the weight of the tires are compromised by the technology.

Bridgestone hasn't set a date for production, but the tires could be available as early as this summer. And if it hits in time, there's little doubt we'll be seeing plenty of horrid designs lining the halls of SEMA.

Original Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/07/the-next-big-thing-bridgestone-prints-patterns-on-tires
Just read this article and it got me thinking... would anyone here put printed tyres on your cars?

At least the footballers will be happy now they can get tastefull tyres on their tastefully modified Bentley :lol:

Wow now chavs can also have Burberry styled tires on their car as well as wearing a Burberry hat inside the car!

If I saw these tires on a car on the road I'd get a sharpie pen and make it look like a real tire ;)

surely if u curb them it will take the patter off, so it will just show up even more if you cant park

Really! I can see it now

Pmsl I'm rolling on 22s but check my bad boy rubber

You know what, in the right circumstances on the right car I could see them working.

Ok so on an RS Twingo they'd look gash but take a slammed VW of some kind which is say black, bit of sticker bombing then some crazy tyre design round some nice deep rims. I think it could work.

Sadly I have a feeling we'll be seeing them on sh!t boxes though.

Araf":1hwunwxs said:
You could run 15s with 2" of printed 'alloy' on the tyres to look like you're on 19s. :)
Will I Am has done the opposite on his new project car. Huge alloy with a large white lip, wrapped with a low profile tyre. Looks like whitewall tyres on a small rim

I love whitewall tyres on old American cars or lightening McQueen from cars hehe! Yes I admit I love that film :-/ white walls on a twingo hmmm...