Problem with gear box

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liv

Reaction score
Hi. First time post on here - I really need some help.
1st gear is really hard to select - I'm having to almost force it into gear, 2nd gear is not as bad but still far from perfect. Sometimes getting from 1st or 2nd to neutral is difficult. Local garage says its not gearbox or linkage (or clutch) - they suggested I go on here and see if there are common faults. The car isn't in warranty anymore and I can't afford a huge main dealer bill! Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is timely because mine has literally just gone very, very weird!

Tried to start the car, x2, it wouldn't start. I now think it thought it was in gear (and of course it won't start the engine if the clutch is up, which it was).

Anyway I put the clutch down try to start it again and it started perfectly.

However, in neutral it's not waggling left and right in the way that it normally does, and it's very very hard to get it from second to third. It feels like the clutch is dying because I had that happen with a Fiat Punto once. It was very stiff for a while and then it just wouldn't change gear at all, and I was stranded at a roundabout!

Watching keenly to see what it could be, and how much it might cost 😔.