R1/R2 Press Kit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dazza1":13coko1r said:
How much is that gonna set people back?

The press pack says "27,990€ excl. tax".

Bit of a hefty premium for 27bhp and a sequential 5-speed box imho :shock:

Its a bit more then just 27BHP and a sequentail 5 speed box.

Theres also suspension, Roll cage, Buckets and much more. Plus there isnt going to be many people running around in one.

Well the R2 isn't road legal so the onl people buying it are using it for rally, there's loads of point ;)

Plus if you did have an R2 you'd make that money back from the rally stages anyway... If you were any good that is.

If I win the lottery I'd have one just for mowing the mansions garden ;) or not :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surely it would only need tyres and number plates to be road legal??

i wonder if renault list a part number for the sequential gearbox on dialogys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TURBO":2wr5i17x said:
i wonder if renault list a part number for the sequential gearbox on dialogys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is a system on the internet to look up the R2 race car parts but cant remember where i will have to hunt it out but you can only buy parts via Rsport in wimbeldon

TURBO":3qfe6edk said:
Regardless of what it needs to be road legal (and you're right, it wouldn't take much), you wouldn't buy one unless you were using it for rally or had a very large pocket to burn. It would certainly struggle to pass an mot and would be very uncomfortable with rally spec parts on a road.

The extra 27bhp would make a world of difference on these, taking them to almost 100bhp per litre and weighing less than a Clio Cup Racer, you're looking at a pretty awesome little hot hatch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURBO":13wwkdv4 said:
I've already enquirer as I was away to order the whole kit it's £5500 + vat but they said you cannot retro fit it to a standard car whihbi said thats a load of bollocks but they dissent seem to want to sell to the general public just people in the rallying scene. Shame really.

theres no reason why that box wouldnt fit an rs with not much work at all.
u will prob find that if renault dont want the public to have it then a company like quaife or someone may build/sell one if the demand is big enough

Interesting topic this, been translating the R2 parts list from French to English and all I can find that RS has got 27bhp with is a manifold, exhaust system, NGK spark plugs and ecu tune air filter, Mountune did this to the Fiesta Zetec S to gain 20 bhp so 160 bhp is gainable but needs a service if used for competition use every 3000kms.

As far as I know a few companies have come up with a ECU reflash www.renm-performance.com/index.php/tuni ... nce-tuning is the one I found but you may have come accross this one already.

TURBO":an7zfipa said:

Odometer
Cat Converter with quieter exhaust
Gearbox with Reverse on it
plus a feck load more i can't think of off top of my head

theres no where that says u need a reverse gear???
no need for reverse in an mot or in the road act

If the vehicle weighs over 600Kgs it needs reverse for MOT ;) reverse lights however arent a legal requirement, thats why some kit cars need reverse some don't, however if anybody needs help with their mots, from may next year i should be able to sort it ;)

Prabmire":3ddamlmo said:
If the vehicle weighs over 600Kgs it needs reverse for MOT ;) reverse lights however arent a legal requirement, thats why some kit cars need reverse some don't, however if anybody needs help with their mots, from may next year i should be able to sort it ;)

<3!!!
you will be seeing me! haha
Will buy you a drink for a clean bill of health

My uncles buying an mot station soon, he sold his old one a few years back and has just been doing services etc, but now he's getting on and wants to have people working for him again, hopefully he'll have the premises early february and be fully operational by may will keep you posted, that said he does have allot of friends who have helped out with my mots in the past, they wont pass anything dangerous but will let decats and the like slide etc ;)