R1/R2 Press Kit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r2 and 133 are worlds apart and no point making it road legal, thats why you got the r1 and there packages to put on that to turn up the spec.
r2 cams you'll be replacing twice a year if you do 10k a year.
changing a 133 with r2 is quite a bit to do, the flywheel is different, clutch and gear box with LSD do come as a package but an expensive item to have swopped in a shop. the r2 joints unlike o.e.m rubber bushes and uprated poly bushes are solid all mounts, and engine is mounted in solid too. fitting the r2 exhaust system is going to be a huge pain in the arse as you'd have to drop the engine and drive shafts to get it in/out :(
nearest thing to getting the r2 power cheaply is exhaust cat-back/remap/cams for about just over a grand.
i wanted the seats as they had renault sports on them and a nice blue shade, very very very expensive

Prabmire":g9z16h56 said:
If the vehicle weighs over 600Kgs it needs reverse for MOT ;) reverse lights however arent a legal requirement, thats why some kit cars need reverse some don't, however if anybody needs help with their mots, from may next year i should be able to sort it ;)

pretty certain u cant fail a car for not having a reverse gear!!regaurdless of weight!u could fail it on not being fit to test if u feel u have to reverse eg out of the brake rollers etc but if u think u can test it then not having a reverse gear is not a fail ;)

You can fail it mate, its in the testers manual, if the vehicle cannot reverse and is too heavy to be pushed with ease its a fail, i'll get a scan of the manual end of this week

r2 gear box is road legal, has a reverse gear :), but not really road friendly. wouldnt want to do hill start with on of these

There was a good article in FPC a while back about trying to road legalise a Racing Cup Clio by getting a full SVA test.
It needed new switchgear, a new chassis plate, a ratchet handbrake (not enough for it to just have a hydraulic handbrake) then in the end it failed on emissions because of the Magnetti Marelli ECU they didn't have the software to remap it.

The Twingo R2 is COMPLETELY road legal as used in the Jim Clark rally last year, all cars must be taxed and road legal as the stages may be on closed roads, transit to and from stages are on standard Road Traffic Laws :D
As Orbital has very correctly stated, the SADEV Straightcut sequential box is road legal, but, given the engagement torques of the clutch and the nature of the gearbox, not something I'd like to have for a daily commute..try parking in your nearest multistory or happily moving off with a sequential box and paddle clutch...you might find the wear rates and noise somewhat....frustrating.

M