Racing Bike

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappers

Reaction score
I am after a racing bike, I am looking at a getting a second hand one and spending about 150-170, I have always used a mountain bike but the time has come when I really need a racing bike, So is there anything I need to be looking out for and if anybody could recommend me one that would be great,

size is the most important thing.
best thing u can do is go to your local bike shop and get measured properly,
then u will know what size bike u will need

i ride giant road bikes and cant recommend them highly enough.
also u should b able to pick up a second hand one for your budget

The lighter the bike the easyier aswell with road bikes, also when you get one get a saddle bag and the bits to go in the bag just incase you need them due to punctures

Twingogeekeo":8p52d7d8 said:
The lighter the bike the easyier aswell with road bikes, also when you get one get a saddle bag and the bits to go in the bag just incase you need them due to punctures

the lighter the dearer tho ;)

the most important thing is the frame as the rest of the bike u can always upgrade at a later date ;)
for your budget you may want to sacrifice things such as group set etc so as u get the best frame u can afford

He has a good point I bought a 300 pound carrera from halfords now done over 2200 miles on it since june last year and up graded parts as other parts failed

Twingogeekeo":tu6nzwvc said:
He has a good point I bought a 300 pound carrera from halfords now done over 2200 miles on it since june last year and up graded parts as other parts failed

think u mean 2.2 miles and then it all fell apart :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

TURBO":2ztncgsb said:
Twingogeekeo":2ztncgsb said:

Being a halfords bike I fought that be the case but its still going strong I must have got a good one out of the batch

Twingogeekeo":19xtdjy7 said:
TURBO":19xtdjy7 said:
Twingogeekeo":19xtdjy7 said:

Being a halfords bike I fought that be the case but its still going strong I must have got a good one out of the batch

only joking mate ;)
i had a carrera mtb years ago and it took a right battering before it fell apart,was a good bike

I have a Carrera and I do far more on it than I should and it takes all the abuse I give it. plus it fits in my Twingo :)

For what u pay for them, they are good bikes and the sizes are standard so parts are easy to upgrade as I've found out this weekend.

Halfords after care isn't too bad either, I was reasonably impressed

Daveyb133":17qiv4pn said:
I have a Carrera and I do far more on it than I should and it takes all the abuse I give it. plus it fits in my Twingo :)

For what u pay for them, they are good bikes and the sizes are standard so parts are easy to upgrade as I've found out this weekend.

Halfords after care isn't too bad either, I was reasonably impressed

il give you the carrera stuff but halfords :roll: :roll: no way!!!

Believe me mate, I was shocked!! They really looked after me. My 1st service was free and got free insurance