Rattle in the back

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyfumi94

Reaction score
I have a rattle in the back of my rs sounds like it could be something on the back seats any ideas?

Either the seats, parcel shelf, or the boot. Take your pick.
Renault greased the frame under the back seats in mine which solved the problem temporarily, 1 weeks silence. Need to try solve it permanently maybe with some sticky pads of some sort.

I'm on my second set of official Renault foam pads after the first lasted under a month. I've found putting the seats flat and forwards is the best antidote.

unfortunately they always gonna have a rattle because as much as its a smart and handy feature the moving/ folding up seats they move about and rattle.

but def pulling them forward helps

I put some old car matts from a megane under the rails on the rear seat, worked like a charm.

Also are you sure its not the striker for the boot lid lock?

haha I read the title to this thread and my dirty mind made me wonder what exactly it was you were talking about haha

I had the same issue in mine. Turns out it was just a loose screw on the rear seat mount rattling.

Everything in my car rattles just turn the radio up

I had Tce100 Gordini that had a rattle in the back, thought it was the parcel shelf whackering at first, but eventually discovered it was the rear seats ! In order to lift up and fold over the rear seat( after the back rest is laid flat) a spring loaded locking pin is dis- engaged by the red levers on the on the rail of each rear seat from the boot of the car. The spring loaded pin locks into a hole in the body shell of the car, this can be seen when the seats are lifted as a piece of carpet is cut out around the hole. The locking mechanism is not a 'solid lock' fit in the hole when the rear seats are in the normal position, therefore ther is about 1-2mm of play - hence a rattle (sounding like it's the parcel shelf) when you go over a bump.
The cure- I have recently bought an RS 133 with Cup chassis and experienced the same rattle problem. This was cured by making a set of washers for each rear seat from an old bike inner tube. About a 30mm dia with a 15mm hole ( only approx) anything thicker than a couple of mm will not work as the lock down mech on the rear seats will fail to engage. On my TCE100 I used duct tape originally - this worked for a while but eventually the metal against metal wore through.
My car runs solid and without anymore annoying knocking/rattling.
Hope this helps

I've done the same thing as Marc, put thin rubber around where the seat locks down, just stops the metal on metal contact causing the noise, it's the most annoying thing ever I was going to take the seats out if I couldn't stop them rattling haha!

I've got straps pulling my back seats onto the hooks in the boot, granted it limits use of the boot but all I have in mine is a box of cleaning products

Tried it with some electrical tape and the rattle has gone :) will get some rubber when I'm out and about cheers guys