Rattle on idle

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullii94

Reaction score
Right, over the past week my car has developed a rattle, but only on idle.
Happens when the revs drop to about 700, not any higher, and I can't hear it when driving.
Sounds as if it's coming from the back of the engine bay, rather than the front as You can't really hear it from outside the car, mostly from just inside it.
Sounds to me like its plastic vibrating(broken trim?) or plastic vibrating on metal, but I could be entirely wrong haha!
Any ideas?

sullii94":2zuo56vp said:
Right, over the past week my car has developed a rattle, but only on idle.
Happens when the revs drop to about 700, not any higher, and I can't hear it when driving.
Sounds as if it's coming from the back of the engine bay, rather than the front as You can't really hear it from outside the car, mostly from just inside it.
Sounds to me like its plastic vibrating(broken trim?) or plastic vibrating on metal, but I could be entirely wrong haha!
Any ideas?

sounds like a problem's developed with your installation of that air intake i sent you down dude. have you installed it properly at the bumper end of the intake like in the pictures i pm'd you with that you may or may not be missing?? i know that with my induction set up, when i put the foot down it rattles on the exhaust heat shield. when i say rattle, it's actually like stone cold steve austin is giving someone the stunner on repetition!!!!

I thoight that but most of its solid(as solid as Renault made it) only thing on it I can think is the part I'm trying to explain to you, or the actual airbox

Mine rattles too thought it was just the engine xD

infact, you may be as well as to go into renault and ask to see if there is a clip on that part you showed me mate. i can deffinately say there wasn't one on mines, but i may have been missing this :) should cost you pennies for a new clip sort of thing man, was thinking about this today and that must be the problem seeing as though it's only developed with the part i sent you down. obviously it was in fantastic condition, but perhaps there must be a little clip that'll hold it on?

Yeah i might do at some point, the part that sticks out underneath(no idea how to describe it) had been chopped off before, so maybe thats why as it didnt rattle round in that hole? and the new one does? f**K knows, all i know is its annoying me everytime i stop!

Completely forgot about this thread! But I found out what it was, one of the rubber washer things under the airbox is broken, so my airbox is rattling on one side, whereas the other side is still solid! Still not fixed it yet though :lol: