Rattling

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaked93

Reaction score
Hi guys (and gals). My twingo seems to have developed a rattle when I pull off? It seems to be coming from right in front of me? Any ideas? "Oscar" ;)

I have this same rattle, check:

Battery cover.

Dipstick is in correctly

Oil level

It comes from the left side of the engine (as you look at the front of the car, but it tends to go away once warmed up)

From driving a C2 in the past, I'm used to a rattly engine.

Not solved this problem but I have a GT not a 133 but I'd be interested to hear some suggestions

Yeah mines on the left as you look at the front of the car (drivers side). And my does seem to go away once warmed up aswell I think. Hmmmm :?

My gt has done the same thing. I did originally think it was the mount under the battery cover but that seems ok on mine.

My RS does this as well when first pulling away. Will only does it again if you switch off and let engine cool. I've asked this question before and got told it's just the gears re oiling them selves and you can hear the rattle of it. I know nothing about engines though so could of just been telling me that to make me feel better haha.