Reading

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here like to read?

just thought it would be a nice idea to suggest books to eachother if anyone else was interested in it.

"o my god.. a serious post from pritch..are you serious"
"maybe he's drunk"
"yeah sex books"
"obviously lying"

beat you all to it :p

I love reading I've very relaxing. I read romance and stuff like fifty shades so I don't think you guys will be to interested in reading them.

Promises after dark is a good read though.

I read on holiday and that's about it something to do whilst I'm sunning haha last thing I read was the book form of a documentary (Restrepo I think the doc was called) about the yanks in the korengal valley in afghan.
it was proper interesting stuff but best bit was I was in magaluf at the time and I was tanning on the balcony reading this book and then from no where I heard someone pipe up in a thick Glaswegian accent and say "Es that guy readen a fucken book!?!?"

I usually read loads whilst offshore. Usualy the mainstream airport options. Problem being im rubbish at remembering titles and authors.

The Jack reacher series was quite good.

Any of the Clive Custler books. Always seem well researched with plenty of detail to set the scene but not so much that its just padding out.

i always find workshop manuals and wiring diagrams are a good read, espec when in a random language :evil:

singlespeed":29t7uo7o said:

Any of the Clive Custler books. Always seem well researched with plenty of detail to set the scene but not so much that its just padding out.
If you're into that sort of thing, I'd recommend the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clansey and the Mitch Rapp books by Vince Flynn.

I read quite a lot for work, but that's mainly academic stuff.

Hobby wise I read quite a lot of graphic novels. Can give some recommendations if anyone's interested.

Am about to give pride and prejudice and zombies a try

I have only ever read three books 'abyss' based on the film, only read this as I was board out of my mind on holiday.

The zombie survival guide by max brooks, excellent book.

Finally 'masters of doom' the history of 'id' software.

singlespeed":2ph6th4v said:
I usually read loads whilst offshore. Usualy the mainstream airport options. Problem being im rubbish at remembering titles and authors.

i a big clive cussler fan. prefer the oregon file books over the dirk pitt ones though

weebob":2qu5p94k said:
I have only ever read three books 'abyss' based on the film, only read this as I was board out of my mind on holiday.
I usually take 3 or 4 on holiday if I'm going for a fortnight, and Mrs-H does the same. We usually finish our own and start on each others' before we get home :lol:

Just read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies whilst on honeymoon. Quite enjoyed it