Rear brakes caliper wind-back tool wheel bearings

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom McG

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has been covered before (suspect it will have) planning to renew rear disks as they're heavily scored & pads too.

Questions are:

Will i need new new wheel bearings too, or can they be swapped over without too much work?

Any advice over caliper wind back tools, do i need one, if so any recommendations?

I'm reasonably proficient with most jobs but as the weather outsides crap want to get it done as fast as possible.

Cars a 133 with cup suspension.. don't suppose the brakes are any different from standard 133.

tom

Hi Tom, best place for a rewind tool is ebay for like 20 quid for a full set these will last u a life time and cover many makes of cars. The brakes are exactly the same on all RS's, as for the wheel bearing if your buying genuine disks these will have the bearing and abs sensor already pressed in. Eurocarparts sell pagid discs with bearing pressed in too useually offer decent discounts aswell which are a decent brand, just make sure you get new hub nuts cos these are nyloc nuts which need to be torqued to 175nm, a fairly simple job tbh if your mechanically minded.