Rear Bumper Protector

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a bad idea and for the fussy people it could easily be colour coded.

Too late for me though :( Under the boot is scratched to hell on mine... the only way to get those buggers out is to respray the bumper (or cover it with one of these actually...).

Thinking about it... sprayed pearl black with an ID pack it might be ok. I'm not going to try though!

I'll be the Guinea Pig and get one, Carbon Wrap it to match my (eventually Carbon Wrapped) rear Valance and leave you all pictures =)

If it's anything like the one on the Swift Sport, it will look quite good...

M

Alternatively, if you're going to wrap it, why not just wrap that section of the rear bumper?

Because it would be easier to have something that's a defined shape to wrap oposed to trying to guess a shape I'd like to wrap for that part, in my opinion anyways...

M

Matt":1b6sz8ux said:
sprayed pearl black with an ID pack it might be ok. I'm not going to try though!

fair point, but forty quid's a bit much for a strip of sticky-backed plastic imho...

gavin-h":1g6ygc9d said:
Matt":1g6ygc9d said:
sprayed pearl black with an ID pack it might be ok. I'm not going to try though!

fair point, but forty quid's a bit much for a strip of sticky-backed plastic imho...
Is that all it is? I assumed it was a moulded plastic?

Could just use soem "Helicopter tape" in the flat section to prevent scratches.
Funnily enough I've just got some to put on the inside of the boot opposite this - to prevent potential scratches from putting the laptop trolley in.

Obsessive, Moi?

Matt":f3e04umf said:
gavin-h":f3e04umf said:
Matt":f3e04umf said:

Is that all it is? I assumed it was a moulded plastic?

Actually, you're right - I was being a bit "tongue in cheek" with my earlier comment.#

From the lot description:

Most modern vehicles have painted rear bumpers, which are vulnerable to damage and very expensive to re-paint and repair. Rearguards solve this problem. They are made from tough A.B.S. Plastic and are available in Black finish. They are CNC trimmed to ensure a perfect fit, and are secured in position with Double Side self adhesive tape. In some cases existing bolts or screws are used to attach the Rearguard. DIY fitting is very easy and takes a maximum of 10 minutes. Full step-by-step diagrammatic Fitting Instructions are supplied, together with a cleaning sachet.

Rearguards are possibly one of the most practical and sensible accessories you can fit to your car.

• Manufactured in black ABS plastic that can be painted if required

• C.N.C. trimmed to ensure a perfect fit

• Secured in position with 3M self-adhesive tape.

“pick up” on existing bolts or self tapping screws

• Quick and easy to fit in about 10 minutes

*searches for "Thanks/Like" Button*

Thanks Ben! I'm glad SOMEONE agrees with me =P

But, I do also partially agree with everyone else, it is a tad steep...
If I buy one, I'll lend it to Matt (Stickeroo) so he can take a template for vinyl for everyone else =P

M

I did consider that but I don't think it will be so simple as it'll have to be stretched in places to fit. I am going to look at alternative ways of doing it though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.