Rear hub nut?!?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_McLav

Reaction score
Do I need to replace these when renewing rear discs and where would I get them? Googled myself to death but no luck!! Thanks :)

Rob_McLav":1sss2wtj said:
Do I need to replace these when renewing rear discs and where would I get them? Googled myself to death but no luck!! Thanks :)
Only replace if it is an nyloc nut and not owning a 133 i wouldnt know of it was nyloc but only one way to check. Can get nyloc nuts from any decent tool shop or parts shops take the old one in and they'll match it if unsure about sizes etc

Called ktec and they said its fine, but they must be cheap any way but just can't find where to buy them. Called a few garages to see what they would charge price wise to do brakes, kwik fit won't do it and national tyres want £350!!!! It's madness lol

Is it a nyloc nut then? If so, it shows how shady ktec are because nyloc nuts come with little to no thread. You put it in and the metal thread creates the thread, which locks it and holds it. Re-using the same one will mean that its not tight and locking anymore and will come loose as the wheel turns. If its not nyloc then u can use it no bother. U needing ur brakes done man? Give me a shout you know the score. U can stop by on way home from work lol

Yeah just got bits but not the nut as cant find 1 anywhere. Do u have any idea where I could get 1? If I get stuck ill deffinatly give u a shout :)

Rob_McLav":1cd9merf said:
Yeah just got bits but not the nut as cant find 1 anywhere. Do u have any idea where I could get 1? If I get stuck ill deffinatly give u a shout :)
If your stuck just dive into renault parks in ek and get two hub nuts mate, will be peanuts for two least u know ull receive correct nuts. If ur replacing discs itd be wise to replace pads whilst ur there due to the wear patterns on the pads but not essential just one of those "should" reccomendations. Be careful u dont pop the caliper piston out or driveshaft :d

Can I assume you called Renault?

For bits like this, they'll probably only charge a couple of quid.

First. Place I called when I needed the lower bolts for the front struts

6.36ish and collect them Wednesday from renualt :) pads and discs arrive by Friday so sorted and happy :D I normally just check web for bits, learnt a wee lesson here thanks guys for help!

Rear brakes done pretty easy. Hub nut is a must on replacing considering it holds the disc to your car and the wheel which is bolted to the disc. Slight concern there......