Rear pad replacement

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scozer

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm on doing my rear pads which way do I turn the caliper piston ? Cheers so far it's been a pain

righty tighty .... don't make me finnish it dude! lol

Haha I was for about an hour piston was not turning back, was like has renault made this backwards, in the end took 2 of us a lot of pressure n opening the bleed point a tiny bit to get it back

Scozer":2xxpyjqx said:
Haha I was for about an hour piston was not turning back, was like has renault made this backwards, in the end took 2 of us a lot of pressure n opening the bleed point a tiny bit to get it back

did you take the cap of the brake fluid resovoir ?

Yer took that off had to drain alil fluid after the fitting of all brakes at min alls well tho brakes are alil soft gonna give them a couple days to wear in

that's cool man, that's a weird one though ain't it? did you deffinately have the hose clamps on when you tried to push the piston back??

We had all the tools needed to spin the piston but was just not moving back, the other side moved in no problem at all

oops meant to say hose clamps off instead of on scozer, if you clamp the hose and then try to push back or rewind the piston back then brake fluid won't get past the clamped hose. sometimes people will clamp the hose and then open the bleed nipple so that the fluid can escape when the piston is rewound but you'd only do that when you were going to bleed the whole system to make life easier on yourself. least you didn't sheer the head of the nipple hahahaha, worst feeling ever