Rear seat rattles

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmy

Reaction score
The twingo is now in my good books again after I fixed the rattle from the rear seats using some cloth to prevent the metal rubbing.

I can even hear the radio now...

Could you post a pic of exactly how you have done this as I'm pulling my hair out trying to get them to stop!

I've tried to post photos before without any success.

I used some felt type material I found in the house, cut a cross in the middle of it for the mechanism to push through when the seat goes down, it's just to stop the metal from the spring mechanism rubbing on the body.

Why did Renault cut such a big whole in the carpet???

the easiest thing I find to post pics is through photo bucket just copy the image urls straight onto here (if that helps, lol)

Oh right I see what you mean though I will give something similar a go. I also need to do something about the parcel shelf aswell as that bugs the hell out of me, the way it jumps up and down in the back lol.

My parcel shelf was fine until the drive home from trax yesterday and it hasn't stopped rattling since, had a quick look to see if it came out it's clips but couldn't see! I'll have a look later ;-)

Mine has done it from day 1 it doesn't usually bother that much. Just I had a passenger in the car the other day so of course turned the music down and I caould hear nothing but the seat squeeking and the parcel shelf doing its own little jig in the back :evil:

I removed the parcel shelf. dont really carry anything in the boot to hide. Only one seat in mine rattles, but if i move it a little inwards it stops.

Mine drove me insane, thought it was shelf, took it out, then thought it was spare wheel or jack, checked them and no joy, realised it was the seats when it stopped if someone was sat in the back.

Even thought about getting rid of the car but what would I buy that puts such a smile on my face????

weebob":29tfnkf4 said:
I removed the parcel shelf. dont really carry anything in the boot to hide. Only one seat in mine rattles, but if i move it a little inwards it stops.

I tried to remove the shelf in fustration on saturday - it was an epic fail as I'm not sure if I can just yank it off or not!? lol and I didn't want to break it lol.

Not got that fustrated with it that I could get rid, I love it too much :D

Leanne":3onlem57 said:
weebob":3onlem57 said:

I tried to remove the shelf in fustration on saturday - it was an epic fail as I'm not sure if I can just yank it off or not!? lol and I didn't want to break it lol.

Not got that fustrated with it that I could get rid, I love it too much :D

As the priest said to the choirboy..... give it a yank

Thats a good idea wee bob.. my windows are too black to see anything through anyway!!