Rear strut top mounts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smallish spanner to hold the flats for the damper piston. Spanner to undo the nut.

To get the rubber mounts off, the top one can easily be removed, but the one under the wheel arch will probably need the bottom end of the damper unbolting and the whole damper dropping

I'm guessing your parcel arrived then, just vice grips on the top and a 16mm spanner iirc will be all you need to do.

Literally 30 seconds after I posted this i decided I had been a bit of an idiot and just clamped the top while using a spanner on the bottom. Haha apologies for my incompetence

Ah. So it was just the upper topmount nut, not the whole topmount you wanted to replace. OMP strut brace :?

Yeahhhh
aqury2uh.jpg

Subframe and harness eyelets look good ;)

When I ran with an OMP brace it did feel different, most noticeable on roundabouts. Maybe a placebo, who knows...

I didn't think it would make any difference, if I'm honest it was a visual thing I was going for but I think the car feels flatter in the corners now, as you say, could be a placebo but it does feel different.

Matt":i9rrvz8a said:
Subframe and harness eyelets look good ;)

When I ran with an OMP brace it did feel different, most noticeable on roundabouts. Maybe a placebo, who knows...

Got the sub frame and eyelets of a nice chap on this forum ;) thanks haha

Now I've driven mine without it I do think there's a difference. The rear feels tighter with it on