rear suspension

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 980

Reaction score
Can you buy the rear top mounts on their own or do they only come with new rear shocks?

you can buy them seperately from your local renault or contact adam@ wolverhampton renault if you're a cs.net members to use your discount

oscar":2x176695 said:
you can buy them seperately from your local renault or contact adam@ wolverhampton renault if you're a cs.net members to use your discount

I messaged on here and posted on cliosport. I was right, you only get them when you buy the shocks :lol: stupid renault ballbags

Suggestion by someone on cliosport is powerflex bushes? I might try them if they do clio 182 rear top mount bushes

How come your needing bushes?

Adding a washer under the top nut will give a little bit more compression to the rubber to tighten it up a touch.

Creaking. It's gone on since last summer! When I had the rear seats out I removed all the trim and adjusted the boot and the noise was still there coming from the top mount area. Top mounts seem like the obvious next point of call

Try some silicone spray to lube the rubber. Undo the nut so the bushes are free and the spray can get between the bush and arch. Spray top and bottom then do back up.

Whilst your at it, spray some on a cloth and wipe round the boot seal ;)

any particular silicone spray or will any do?

Boot seals a good shout too

markhardy":1n19q43p said:
any particular silicone spray or will any do?

Boot seals a good shout too
Pretty much any, no need for expensive FG (food grade) silicon sprays for catering use, so a hardware or motor parts place should have it. A smear of silicone grease would also work but would need them stripping down to get a coating on.

We use spray to keep rubber hoses and bladders in good condition on the rov

What about the lower radius arm bush, is that prone to creaking, it's exposed to all sorts of weather and it's rubber, might be worth giving that a spray as well.

I've sprayed it but not much difference really.

According to Adam, the clio 182 cup shocks are slightly different to the twingo shocks. I think he said the clio ones are slightly longer and thicker, and the top mounts are slightly different

mark, i was removing my rear dampers today to fit the coilover dampers and front dampers. when i removed the rear dampers, one of the shock mounts was in an awful state and one was okay. so i decided to take a couple of snaps for you mate. one is lubricated and rust free on the sunk side, the other is bone dry and rusted (it was squeeking, but not much.) but this is the cause of your squeek so i decided to take a few quick snaps for you and for anyone else who has a squeek from their rear dampers

as you will see below, one is serviceable and one is completely shot.
IMG_20140720_194317.jpg

below, this is for the bin. the sleeve where the damper piston slides through is rusted out and has lost it's lubrication. this cannot be saved unfortunately. due to the rust, it's lost it's tight clearance and almost falls out when turned upside down!
IMG_20140720_194522.jpg

wheras below is lubricated, and can be taken out with a medium amount of pulling force. it's lubricated with molybdenum grease although not much! if you start to develop a squeek you will need to re-grease both the underside rubber mount and the top side rubber mount where possible. also, a little bit of silicone grease on the underside where rubber meets body shell....just a tiny bit though
IMG_20140720_194547.jpg