Rear wheel arch removal

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forza

Reaction score
I want to make room for my slightly to big wheels. The tires rub on the flat part of the arch (where the screws are).

So the rear arches have to come off to be trimmed, but how are they attached? I found a older topic with a post from Maggie:

maggi200":38i4agus said:
Easy peasy.

Just need some tape As the top edge is stuck down.

Unscrew the two screws on the inside of the arch. Unclip the clips inside the rear bumper. Need a screw driver fr the upper clip I found. Then it peels off down to the sill. You will need to take both parts off together, unclip them and Clip the new part in.

Is this 100% the way to remove the complete rear arches? So the big front part is just screwed in and taped on, and the back part has two clips (accessible from the wheel well?) in the rear bumper? And they come off together?

I just want to make sure before ripping it all off and holding halve a arch instead of the whole thing :mrgreen: .

The top/outer edge has sticky tape, as mine has pulled away 1-2mm next to the fuel filler cap and I can see the foam tape within.

Where the clips are :?

I can see a bit of tape where my arch has let go a mm or so, I don't doubt the tape part. But if there are other, and more importantly, hard to reach clips things get a bit difficult.

Can anyone enlighten me more :)