recaro or not recaro?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
basically, a long story short. myself and some of the guys in my work have had a debate recently about the authenticity of this claim. myself and one of the guys make stern claims that recaro are / were an oem supplier for subaru, i know they certainly were in japan as i was told this by a subaru technician but i can't find the evidence to back this up.

the reason this was discussed came down to the ridiculous price of recaro aftermarket seats for clios. i understand that they are completely different types of seat...and all that jazz. you'll be doing good to pick 2 front trendlines from a clio for less than a grand - second hand they are as common as a twingo diffuser.

regardless, although these are just a quick google image copy and paste, my gc8 subaru import seats cost me less than five pounds on an ebay late night 4am ebay auction ending. they simply need reupholstered £150 and they're brand new with the option of putting recaro onto them.

do you recon they are recaro?

subaruseatpsdjpg.jpg

Does it matter so long as they are comfy and hold you in place, just like with anything you pay a premium for the name and the quality that comes with it

i would say that it matters. you're more than welcome to get you Chinese ebay specials and have them kill you in the event of a crash due to the structural integrity being very weak, that's why with 'bucket seats' per say you should always go with a known brand name. i'm curious to get to the bottom of this, when i paid less than a fiver for mines yet some people are paying many a grand ... it certainly brings up an interesting discussion

i checked on recaro, they are oem subaru suppliers :D
https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/product-areas/original-equipment/products/subaru-impreza/subaru-impreza.html

They are now but MAYBE not earlier models ;) .

Is there recaro stamped on the recliner knobs? Otherwise there maybe the brand somewhere on the underside or on the runners. My old ITR Recaros had them stitched and the recliner knobs stamped so it was easy to tell.

They don't look like Recaros after looking around various sites.

they're oem seats dude not aftermarket, so they would never have been sold to anyone other than subaru. the sti seats were recaro across all the ranges but these came from an imported wrx and they are the same seats just a different colour and different trim. that's a good idea to check, i'll do that tomorrow or over the weekend.

I know they're OEM's I looked on Scooby, JDM and other tuning sites not Recaro or shops.

Good buy either way, if they're fit for STI's they're certainly good for a Twingo ;) :lol: