Refuelled today...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
And the pump clicked off way before I'd reached the max of my tank. Only realised when I got in the car and it was 1 bar down from the max...! Now I know I over-filled it a couple of weeks ago, but (that was the fault of the Tesco's pump not clicking off!) its got me slightly concerned! I mean, has anyone else had this experience? :ugeek:

yeah mate, mine can be a nightmare to fill up. clicks even when my car is empty. i find if i don't squeeze the pump all the way down its sometimes easier or if u make sure the pumps fully straight and not angled.

Mine did it the first time I put fuel in it... Hasn't done it since but when it clicks I always try to put a little more in just because I know it wouldn't be to the top ;-) one of those things I guess you learn about the car as you go on!

indeed i pull the nozzel out and push it in so it pushes up the metal flap then just trickel it in till it fills up past it :p

Mine can be bloody nightmare as well, normally not having it come out full tilt helps but it can be infuriating.

Mine usually clicks before it is fully full, so i just keep doing it for an extra few clicks

I think by the nature of the design, the Twingo's fuel line arrangement as always caused issues with regards to fuel pump cut off. It's nothing to be concerned with, it's just one of it's quirks.

toni_133":1m5jt3a6 said:
umm quirks isn't what i called it when the petrol ruined my work shoes :-(

Nope :( Nor is it when you've "filled" up and it does 150 miles.