Remove mirror covers and fog light surrounds

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursenickuk

Reaction score
Hi,
After having to do this recently I thought I'd post up how to do this.
I have a Twingo RS 133 2009 model.

wing mirror cover
To remove this you need to remove the glass and you will see 4 tabs which hold the cover on. You need to push them down and then pull the cover off. I found using 4 screwdrivers made it very easy. There is also another tab on the inside edge, you need to fold the mirror in and then press on the part of the cover you can now see and pull.

Fog light surrounds

These are more difficult to remove, the best way is to remove the bumper and then you can access all the tab clips to undo it. Press and push out.
You can remove them without taking the bumper off but you run a very high risk of snapping the tabs and possibly damaging the paintwork.
From the front you need something to pry with, plastic trim tool or small flat head screwdriver with a cloth wrapped on the end. There is a tab on the top, outer edge and bottom. Find a suitable lever point and try to move out to see where the tabs are. The way to release them is to get something under the inside edge ( the side nearest the fog light) and press up ( away from fog light). While doing this pull the surround away until the clip releases. Do this for each one. There is one large clip right at the bottom centre which is the other way around, but mine was broken so I'm not sure how this one comes out.
The plastic can be very soft so be careful not to damage the painted surfaces with too much force.

I hope this is of some help [emoji4]