Removing bump strips

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottHills

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering is there any way to remove the side bump strips without snapping the clips off as I tried levering them up but I don't want to pull them and snap the clips!

image.jpg

image.jpg

edit * there you are sir

Don't you worry, I will be, she's getting some real loving at the minute im half way through claying, waxing and polishing her before the bad weather arrives ;)

This helps me as well as I've been thinking of colour coding them with the rest of the car for a while now. (Mine are the basic black plastic..)

it's just a common trim removal tool. you can use a screwdriver etc to get into the clip if you are gentle, but your local motorfactors / halfords etc SHOULD ( ? ) sell trim removal tools

Excuse me if i'm being stupid but I got some trim removal levers, but they seem really big and I'm concerned that when I put it behind the strip if bends so much i think it's going to snap, are you literally supposed to lever if and pull the trim forward instead of trying to get behind the clip?

nah man it'll be alright, just get stuck in there :) if you do manhandle it however, the trims going back on right after paint i'd be guessing? in which case your barbarianism is hidden :D

#inspireconfidence haha