Removing Spare Wheel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James-Hilton

Reaction score
So my car is going to go on a little diet and is losing her spare wheel. I know I'll then be left with a hole which would be covered over with the carpet. To stop things falling into it I was thinking on filling the hole with Polystyrene Loose Fill Chips. Like what you get to pad out the boxes for deliveries. Do you reckon that'll do the job and be safe in terms of it's not going to get to hot etc?

bit of chip board wood .... little bit of double sided tape to hold it down enough to prevent it from moving, sorted !

Cut the wheel well off, place some support beams in place. Then the car is begging for a real rear diffuser and dual exhausts ;)

Dubz":3ts4kb5f said:
Cut the wheel well off, place some support beams in place. Then the car is begging for a real rear diffuser and dual exhausts ;)

maybe just mould on a clio RS rear bumper while we're there? hahaha as ridiculous as it sounds, it would be perfectly doable mate. and as we all know, a bit of body work would be a shite load easier on the old stress levels than trying to cunjure up this myth that is the twingo diffuser.

some say .... the twingo diffuser is moulded from the arse cheek of chuck norris. not that i said cheek, and not cheeks but we'll save this story for another day

What oscar said or SEALED polybag filled with expanding foam, place plywood on top, cut expanding foam flush once dry. Place carpet over :)

madmatt":35aewmyd said:
What oscar said or SEALED polybag filled with expanding foam, place plywood on top, cut expanding foam flush once dry. Place carpet over :)
Would be a good idea to put something blunt over the screw in the bottom of the well, to save getting a punctured bag.

You could stick a can or two of tyre foam in to have a custom moulded bit whilst the expanding foam is doing its stuff.

Why not put a sub in the hole? And put a cover over so you can still use the boot etc

singlespeed":3oa0z5dh said:
madmatt":3oa0z5dh said:
Would be a good idea to put something blunt over the screw in the bottom of the well, to save getting a punctured bag.

You could stick a can or two of tyre foam in to have a custom moulded bit whilst the expanding foam is doing its stuff.

Exactly this (I'm getting De javu haha).
I think it would work well to keep your carpet supported :)