Removing swirl marks by hand

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_whitey

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an issue, since new with swirl marks on my car, the bonnet looks shocking in bright sunlight. It looks like i will have to get a machine polish done to resolve this but im wondering if anyone has managed to get rid of swirl marks (or at least make them better) by hand, and if so what stuff can i use.

I can supply pictures if needed so you can see how it looks.

I tried DJ Lime Prime but that didnt seem to have any effect (maybe i didnt use it correctly tho)..

Any help would be great

some say auto glym srp will work a bit by hand as its a filler, I never thought so myself though.

You are best of going for a filling polish than an abrasive one by hand so you can effectively mask the swirls.

As above, Autoglym Super Resin Polish will take the edge off swirls marks, obviously how prominent they are will depened on the colour of your car.

There is a products by Meguiars called Swirl-X which is designed to fill swirls as well so that may be worth considering.

Also, if you have a black/dark coloured car you may want to take a look at Poorboys Blackhole.

Sadly by hand correction would take your forever but a polish that masks them would be your best option.

Where are you? ANd which colour? I, so far, have found glacier white to be reasonably hard and was unable to correct anything by hand but the black (can't remember the name) seemed much softer and I was able to correct some by hand in a small test.