Renault Own Brand Tyre

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay-rstwingo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just had this come through on Facebook from my local dealer.

What do you think?

"Renault continues to drive down motoring costs with launch of new own-branded tyre.

Following on from its recently-lowered new car prices by up to £2,000, Renault is continuing to help drive down the cost of motoring by introducing its own high-quality, low-price tyre brand, becoming the first vehicle manufacturer to offer its customers an own-branded tyre.

Available from UK Renault dealers from February 1st, the new Motrio tyre range has been specially developed to suit the requirements of older Renault vehicles with prices starting from just £36 per tyre fully fitted.

The new Motrio range is designed to deliver high performance – in wet or dry weather - and has been tested to Renault’s strict specifications to ensure owners can be certain that the performance of the tyre is in harmony with their vehicle.

Two tread patterns feature in the range: Motrio Impulsion maximises driving comfort for the smaller models such as Twingo and Clio while Motrio Impulsion+ offers a more dynamic focus to suit the rest of the range and the firm’s sportier models. Both tread patterns though provide almost silent running, even at high speeds, as well as greater steering accuracy, braking efficiency and, thanks to their longevity, reduced maintenance costs."

That is correct renault have extended the motrio brand and are now doing tyres.

THURSDAY 27TH JANUARY 2011

RENAULT CONTINUES TO DRIVE DOWN MOTORING COSTS WITH LAUNCH OF NEW OWN-BRANDED TYRE

Following on from its recently-lowered new car prices by up to £2,000, Renault is continuing to help drive down the cost of motoring by introducing its own high-quality, low-price tyre brand, becoming the first vehicle manufacturer to offer its customers an own-branded tyre.

Available from UK Renault dealers from February 1st, the new Motrio tyre range has been specially developed to suit the requirements of older Renault vehicles with prices starting from just £36 per tyre fully fitted.

The new Motrio range is designed to deliver high performance – in wet or dry weather - and has been tested to Renault’s strict specifications to ensure owners can be certain that the performance of the tyre is in harmony with their vehicle.

Two tread patterns feature in the range: Motrio Impulsion maximises driving comfort for the smaller models such as Twingo and Clio while Motrio Impulsion+ offers a more dynamic focus to suit the rest of the range and the firm’s sportier models. Both tread patterns though provide almost silent running, even at high speeds, as well as greater steering accuracy, braking efficiency and, thanks to their longevity, reduced maintenance costs.

Commenting on the new Motrio tyre range, Mark Crockett, Director of Service and Quality at Renault UK, said: “After servicing, tyre replacement is the second most frequent reason for a motorist to visit a dealership or workshop and it is also one of the highest value items when maintaining a vehicle. Our new own-brand tyre range, which of course carries Renault’s seal of approval, is very competitively priced and in many cases is significantly less expensive than the premium brands helping motorists to reduce their costs without sacrificing on quality.”

He added: “The new tyre range is just one reason for motorists to visit their local Renault dealer as the Motrio range also includes batteries, brakes, servicing parts, engine oil, anti-freeze and wiper blades, together with the expertise of our expertly trained Renault technicians.”

Prices for the Motrio tyre range start from £36 per tyre fully fitted. For more information, customers should visit https://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/tyres.aspx or their local Renault dealer by clicking onto https://www.renault.co.uk/contact/dealerlocator.aspx to locate theirs.

Attachments

• motrio1.jpg
    motrio1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 314
  • motrio2.jpg
    motrio2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 314
I'm not sure I'd trust £36 tyres on my car. If they fitted that is.

I think that's just the budget ones :) then again, I'd rather trust tyres from w company who make tyres all day every day (ie. Continental)

Yeah I agree matt.

May just be me but I would rather pay the extra for better quality and also i would know what I am getting.
it will no doubt be cheap tyres with their name on it, like Dazza said

They are a budget tyre. We have sold a fair few already so fair but they dont do them in 195/40 17s so we dont need to worry about them :lol:

Dazza1":1c0263a7 said:
There probley nankan tyres with Renaults name on lol

Dazza is on to something here - they're certainly not MADE by Renault, any more than Tesco Baked Beans are made by Tesco.

Renault will have done a deal with a tyre manufacturer somewhere to make these as an "own brand" item. :idea:

Daveyb133":hm4ozyqw said:
i would be a bit worried if u didnt, lol

I only just found out had to ring my Renault Rep but so you know it is made buy a good brand :)

Twingogeekeo":229xmhqd said:
Daveyb133":229xmhqd said:

I only just found out had to ring my Renault Rep but so you know it is made buy a good brand :)
Who makes them Karl and how much r the 205/65/16s

Dazza1":gh0tndmt said:
Twingogeekeo":gh0tndmt said:
Daveyb133":gh0tndmt said:

Who makes them Karl and how much r the 205/65/16s

They dont do that size mate :(

Twingogeekeo":364xb9qn said:
I know who makes them ;)

Who is it :?: