Renault Wind immobiliser problem

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am the proud owner of a 2011 Renault Wind 100 Tce. :D

It was a treat to myself, as I have ALWAYS wanted a convertible.

Anyway, all was OK with it until last month when I got back to the car and nothing happened.

I couldn't get into it, so I had to use the passenger door, and when I did the car was completely dead.

I called the AA out, who could not find anything untoward.

He disconnected the battery and re-connected it again, and voila...............my baby worked again.

A month later, it happened again, this time my husband was able to do the battery trick and it was working again.

As this has occurred twice I took it to my local Renault garage (It has a full Renault History) to have a look.

6 hours later I collected my car, and they said they could not find anything wrong with it and that Renault UK did not know what the problem was................To be fair they did not charge me for this which I thought was nice of them

I was told if it was to happened again I could just pull out "Fuse 8" from the fusebox and that should reset things.

My questions are :-

1) will this problem happen again in the future?
2) Could I go 4 years before it fails again, or will it become more frequent until the car eventually is dead and resetting the battery will do nothing
3) Did my dealer fob me off, and are not wanting to take responsibility for a known problem

Thanks in advance to any one who can help me out on this

Kel