Renaultspot Monitor - not sure I have it...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleggmeister

Reaction score
Ola!

13 plate facelift, full fat I think.
My manual folder has the usual stereo guide, user guide, etc... I also have a short booklet called "Renaultsport Manual" which tells me to press the top two buttons on the steering wheel control simultaneously to bring up the MFD, telemetry, etc. I press them and nothing happens. I've tried with the radio off and on, with the engine running and with it off. Still nowt.

Any thoughts or bright ideas?

Cheers!

Cleggy.

Just tried it on my 62 plate as I have the same booklet and it doesn't seem to work :( tried turning tcs off as well and no joy... would love to get it working!

I'll have a fiddle around tonight (after a proper wash) but I fear it's an optional extra. Will report back if I find anything of use...

That aside, what a car! I've never driven anything that corners so well. Good stereo too.
I'll be removing the rubber bung from the airbox tonight too for the extra noise.

From what I know if when you turn the radio on and it says renault sport. Then you've got the renault sport monitor however if it just says renault when you turn on the radio on then you've just got the normal monitor

Thanks Dubz, makes sense. Just 'Renault' for me...

Am I upset? Nope! What a car!!!!!! I do miss my Wrangler, which made me smile for different reasons. The 133 is just so awesome. Even Mrs Clegg was telling me about the speed she took the local roundabouts, and she usually drives a CMax!

Need to figure out how to make the radio do a 'full random' on the USB memory stick. I have about 10k tracks but I can only random within a folder, not the whole memory stick...

Anyway, that aside, first wash done and gleaming. Polish to follow on the weekend. I'm in love!

Folks, could anyone let me know where the OBD port is? I have a bluetooth dongle thingy and a spare Android tablet. I shall make my own Renaultsport Monitor and call it a Cleggysport :)

Just ordered a pair of Heko wind deflectors and removed the rubber bung thingy from the airbox.

Or at least I think I have - is this the right thing?

Where abouts on the air box is that?

As for the Renault sport monitor, its an optional extra unfortunately :( I did the EXACT same thing as you when i saw that booklet in my owners manual, drove me mad trying to get it to start lol

i think its like £250 at a renault garage to get installed.

Is it the red one you have or did you get the white?

Obd port is in the glove box behind the little grey cover! I'm debating whether to buy a panel filter or a k&n induction kit...

Thanks RSLee

I got the white in the end. Very happy indeed. The rubber bung thing was just sitting attached on the outside of the airbox, on the left as you look at it from the front of the car. Certainly sounds a bit more meaty without so I guess it's the fabled bung!

AJ, like you I'm looking at either the 'Green' panel filter or a full replacement K&N or similar. Decisions decisions.

£250 for the car to have telemetry sounds alright, I shall enquire with my local friendly RS dealership. I'm heading to Lincoln next week; any good dealers local or en route from Glasgow?

I've managed to get a guy down to £100 on a second hand k&n apollo system or its about £35 for a decent panel filter.. is an induction system really worth this extra??

For me it's just for the noise AJ Just removing the rubber flap.bung makes it sound miles better, hence makes me grin more. A little more of that and I'll be sated! Not fussed about the exhaust - the last thing I want is a loud car externally - I just love noise inside the cockpit when the mood takes me!

Give the rubber bung thing a try and let me know what you reckon?

It does sound better! Still undecided on what exhaust to get though! Don't know whether to get a cat back, manifold back or engine back... or do the old skool thing and cherry bomb it