Renflash question

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthias

Reaction score
Hi all,

as the title says, I have a question about the Renflash remapping tool. My current list of mods is pretty standard: BMC air filter, custom made cat-back exhaust system and as of late some inlet port matching. I reckon it's time for a little remap, but can't decide which way to go. A friend of mine is cooperating with Paul from the RS Tuning so they could make a custom map (basically it'a a one day RR session at his place). The problem I'm having is, that this friend lives on the other side of the country and that means some extra expenses in a long term. For example, if people at the Renault Workshop decide to wipe my map I have no other choice but to phone the friend and kindly ask him to reinstall the map etc. I'm not really comfortable with that but in case Paul is so much better than the K-Tec I'd go for it. The whole thing would cost me around 350€ + 50€ to get there and back etc. The only drawback I see is the fact I won't be able to upload the map myself.

On the other hand K-Tec is offering their Renflash tool and it's a well rounded package. I'm guessing it's pretty easy to use, the only consideration I'm having for the price they charge (500€) - how much better is their supposed "custom" map compared to more generic maps from Henk (could get that from another friend)? I mean which info does their tool log and do they really work on the map they get? Does anyone know? I know they tried really hard on Neil's car, but I'm wondering whether they even get all the necessary info to really work on the map from the Renflash tool?

Thanks in advance