Replacing the horn

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N0ddie

Reaction score
Anybody had to do this? Ours is buggered and its due its first MOT this month so gotta get it fixed now. Wont get done under warrenty as the previous owner has changed it to an aftermarket one (According to our Renault dealership). Reanult want £110 for the privelage of changing the horn over but surely it cant be that difficult to change?

I've bought a replacement horn off eBay (Arrived yesterday) so looking to fit it at some point this week.

What do I need to do to get to the horn? Front bumper off job (And if so how do I go about doing this? Where are the bolts holding it on?) or is their a way that would involve less work?

I've a picture somewhere, showing the horn and wires... Might be accesable by getting through the right front arch liner which would be easy if your getting the wheels off anyway.

Back soon

Heres with the bumper off, but it looks to be easy enough to do through the liner unless they moved the position when replacing it...
6903226673_0d4a1d3c8c_z_d.jpg

The plug/cable going to the horn has been butchered to fit the aftermarket one (According to Renault) but it should just be a case of stick some crimps on the 2 cores and onto the new horn connections right?

singlespeed":3irp21xf said:
Heres with the bumper off, but it looks to be easy enough to do through the liner unless they moved the position when replacing it...
6903226673_0d4a1d3c8c_z_d.jpg

off topic but i hope u cleaned that before you put the bumper back on :D

Whilst on the subjects of horns, the horn in the Silverstone 133 (and I guess regular 133's of similar age) is particularly unmasculine. The horn in my old 2008 Twingo GT was much more beefy and angry. Weird that Renault changed the horn at some point for one with a higher pitch. I try my very best not to use it.

Stunty":33o1lfqh said:
Whilst on the subjects of horns, the horn in the Silverstone 133 (and I guess regular 133's of similar age) is particularly unmasculine. The horn in my old 2008 Twingo GT was much more beefy and angry. Weird that Renault changed the horn at some point for one with a higher pitch. I try my very best not to use it.

The GT horn is in no way masculine :lol:
makes it feel like a twinGAY as some people I know call it...

The new horn's tone isn't exactly manly but for a 5er I cant complain. Only bought it to pass the MOT on Saturday (As long as nowt else is buggered lol).

Waitey the horn in my 58 plate GT was just as beefy as much bigger cars like a Mondeo or Golf etc... it really didn't sound like a small car horn but my Silverstone does. Maybe I just got lucky but I doubt mine was the only one. Anyway...

My first car had a rubbish horn till someone decided to kick it and bend/snap the bumper in some drunken rage outside a pub. Then it sounded awesome!

How does the bumper come off again?