Resolutions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlespeed

Reaction score
Is anyone deluded enough to think a new year will help them change something?

Ive given up chocolate :(

Untill 06:45 when the bond opens :)

yeah new year, new me, oh wait no, new year same me, different date.

I'm going for a run every morning at 7:30am!

But so far all I've done is eaten a whole tub of ben and jerry's...

gave up smoking, well already have for a few weeks now and don't really miss it. didn't smoke fags though, that would have been the cheaper option lol

Not sure if it's really a resolution but I'm determined to learn to weld this year

waitey":2evvazy5 said:
LCplParks":2evvazy5 said:
Not sure if it's really a resolution but I'm determined to learn to weld this year

Learning to weld RS wheels? ;)

Haha hopefully not :/ lucky escape this year with the comps :) think I'm gonna get a welder and a whole load of scrap and just teach myself :)

LCplParks":wq7in34t said:
waitey":wq7in34t said:
LCplParks":wq7in34t said:

Learning to weld RS wheels? ;)

Haha hopefully not :/ lucky escape this year with the comps :) think I'm gonna get a welder and a whole load of scrap and just teach myself :)

that's the best way to do it. if you were to get onto some kind of a course, even part time, all it really would involve in terms of the welding side of it is you unleashed with tons of recycled metal practising verious types of joint welds like butt welds, j welds, u welds, flange welds so on so forth.

if you want some advice on what rigs to start with, i'd advise that you look for something 100-140amp to begin with, if you're not going to be welding anything thicker than 3-5cm of metal then you'll be just fine mate. only thing you can do is practice and practice really. you'll need some clamps too, and a good earth source :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-Professional-No-Gas-MIG-Welder-100Amp-230V-/291003395352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43c1276d18 the no gas thing is confusing, basically what it's saying is you CAN weld without gas but doesn't tell you that they'll highly advise against it lol. pretty sturdy piece of kit for its asking price mate :)

yeah mate, that's spot on for what it is. being sealey it's no thrills and sturdy. you may want to upgrade to a euro torch for comfort but that's more of a user preference. the last thing you need when learning to weld is a complex machine. all you need is control over the arc right now, so that you can go to town on getting your welds straighter and straighter. you'll need to invest in a decent welding mask too :) fully adjustable so that you can set it too different levels for different jobs.

what sorta jobs do you plan on using it for, just odd jobs or that??

oscar":2md9yiuk said:
yeah mate, that's spot on for what it is. being sealey it's no thrills and sturdy. you may want to upgrade to a euro torch for comfort but that's more of a user preference. the last thing you need when learning to weld is a complex machine. all you need is control over the arc right now, so that you can go to town on getting your welds straighter and straighter. you'll need to invest in a decent welding mask too :) fully adjustable so that you can set it too different levels for different jobs.

what sorta jobs do you plan on using it for, just odd jobs or that??

I just want to learn so I can get myself a project car to tinker with I also the idea of being able to make stuff out of metal.
It'll also be good because when I'm thinking of stuff I want to do with my car I find myself thinking it's be useful if I knew how to weld right now :/

Ive seen so many status about "new year new me" etc etc. Shouldn't need a new year to change something in my opinion but if that gives people a kick then they should go for it.

The best thing is the people that go to the gym. I'm a regular, mon-fri 7am start before I head to work but there will be a whole batch of new people which will last till February when they all realize they can't be bothered to keep it up. Then I can have the gym to myself again! Haha.

I plan on living the year happily as always with Maggi, continuing to save money but still enjoying ourselves and looking forward to our holiday :)

Gives up chocolate. Just leaves jelly babies, halibo, fruit gems and ice cream and angle d.

^^^ @ Mrs P, who normally corrects my spelling :?

A bit of chocolate this morning, Angel Delight for breakfast (the joys of working 6pm-6am) and the rest of the chocolate this evening :cool:

I hate New Years, as Carrie said above ALOT of people start going to the gym but don't have the motivation to keep it going so they're taking up all the equipment.

I don't personally have one as I'm quite happy how I am at the minute and enjoy my job so if I HAD to choose one it would be continue doing what I'm already doing :lol:

waitey":8qmopplw said:
I hate New Years, as Carrie said above ALOT of people start going to the gym but don't have the motivation to keep it going so they're taking up all the equipment.

I don't personally have one as I'm quite happy how I am at the minute and enjoy my job so if I HAD to choose one it would be continue doing what I'm already doing :lol:

.... ahem .... what about the civic (was it?) that you were thinking of getting? or are you staying with the RS a bit longer? that could be a new years resolution lol :D

oscar":lc8negoe said:
waitey":lc8negoe said:

.... ahem .... what about the civic (was it?) that you were thinking of getting? or are you staying with the RS a bit longer? that could be a new years resolution lol :D

Twingos going back to standard in a month or less, been arranged already :lol:

Civic type R, r53 cooper s, Clio RS they're the real contenders with insurance and the cost to buy them which will mean ill probably get a good chunk of money back to me :D

Twingos are enjoyable for the cars they are but they don't suit my needs now.