Ridiculous Airfilter

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MovingShadow

Reaction score
I've been going back and forward from my costum pod airfilter with heatshield & cold air feed to OEM box with BMC panel filter.. currently the OEM box is back on due to the ratteling pod filter. I can not secure it and it keeps damaging itself on parts of the engine.
Need to find a way te get it fixed, don't know how yet, need to make some sort of harnass to hold the filter in it's place

Anyway, do you think it's 'overkill' for a 1.2 turbo with such a filter?

I have noticed a difference in how the turbo reacts. You can hear it spool much louder and quicker. Also, when playing with the throttle, I can hear the Forge reciculating dumpvalve alot louder so it must be doing something..

Is a larger airfilter more benificial on a turbo or a N/A car?

Can't say it does alot on performance (placebo?), but it's definatly different in sound.

A larger air filter will have more of a benefit on a turbo car so you've made the right decision getting one! Either way more air is capable of getting in but whether or not it actually will is another matter.

I'm not too familiar with the GT's, does it have an intercooler?

Obviously the compressed air from the turbo is already hot... Adding heat soak from an open filter won't help with that but with an intercooler you'll notice a difference. Heat shield and a cold air feed will also help to keep the air cooler but there's not a great deal you can do on a Twingo or a Wind so you'll still suffer from taking in under the bonnet heated air.

The cold air-feed is something I got covered. I've got a black scoop (thank you demon tweeks) that sits behind the front grill with a tube going up to the engine bay.

My only problem is holding down the airfilter in a certain place. Wish I knew how to weld.. a simpel harness with a bolt would be enough.