Road tax to be scrapped next year

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanda

Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25223631

Well not really, perhaps added onto something else but I dont like the idea of paying monthly by direct debit.

I am under no illusion that motorists will be "better off" from this, in fact the money will be going to a big pot as usual and perhaps not being spent on roads. I think the potholes will still continue to be part of motoring.

The current cost will probably be divided by ten for easy maths, then, to keep things simple, billed as twelve monthly payments :?

I wish the tax department would turn the radio off and listen to the autumn statement elsewhere. I've resorted to dossing about whilst they're jeering at the radio when I'm trying to work.

What a load of bollocks, a direct debit. What's wrong with just leaving things the way they are...

Or what would be wrong with adding a little more tax onto the cost of fuel? Meaning that there's no way to avoid paying it, plus the people who use the road more foot more of the bill. It's only fair.

From what I've seen/heard of this my understanding of it all is that we won't have a tax disc in the window. Money still goes to the same place just instead of a tax disc it's checked by anpr. Monthly payments will be 5% extra and 6 months will drop from 10% extra to 5%.

No more unsightly tax disc holders! Still need to replace my 133.net one but tbh I won't bother now.

They check it electronically anyway so I don't see how this matters to anyone in the real world, other than another blow to the local post offices

funky_d":2v2usr66 said:
a direct debit. What's wrong with just leaving things the way they are...

Or what would be wrong with adding a little more tax onto the cost of fuel? Meaning that there's no way to avoid paying it, plus the people who use the road more foot more of the bill. It's only fair.

:clap: :thumbup: yes!

Friedchicken91":ppoqrau3 said:
From what I've seen/heard of this my understanding of it all is that we won't have a tax disc in the window. Money still goes to the same place just instead of a tax disc it's checked by anpr. Monthly payments will be 5% extra and 6 months will drop from 10% extra to 5%.

That is exactly it.

Shame really, as I'm of the age where seeing road-rent in the window means I can be pretty sure that someone has insurance as well. Now what are you supposed to do when some scrote drives into your pride and joy?