Road Trip

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesfan

Reaction score
I've just completed a 1400 mile round trip to south west France in the dini, and can say, even though much was motorway, it was a fun time!

It was pretty comfortable throughout and numb arse took much longer to happen than originally expected. Plenty of music took care of the louder than average road noise the car seems to suffer with. Got to use the cruise control and kept it on for more than about two miles, some of the French motorways are dead quiet.

Using 98 ron all the journey, MPG averaged around 42, but with no scanguage, this is more of a guess. One thing I hadnt really noticed before was the excellent all round visibility, hadnt driven it on the motorway up until then and it was great for seeing what was going on around. Vital when surrounded by French drivers and avoiding dings! Nice having the option for MPH or KMH.

It certainly raised a bit of interest in the Motherland, which was suprising as there are many more of them on the continent. It did develop a slight steering wooble and front brake judder on hard braking towards the end of the trip, probably a warped disk.

Definitely missed not having a scanguage to provide the extra stats. Normally do the trip in a voyager but chose to take the dini this time due to the mortgage required to pay for the voyager fuel. I will be taking it again, unless I've got all the kids in tow!