Roadtrip in a Cupped Twingo?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamRS

Reaction score
Anyone let themselves a bit further out in their Twingo? My girlfriend and I are taking hers on a 2week trip to Italy (setting off tomorrow), let's hope it makes it!!

appart from taking quite a bit of fuel, but so would any petrol car, I bet it will be a great car for a trip if you choose to keep off the motorways.

I've done a couple of trips down south and back the same day... 1000 miles in 24 hours does leave your shoulders aching a bit, but prety good otherwise :)

2 week Italy road trip in a cupped twingo? Yes please. Should go find some of the mountain roads and have at little blast that would be amazing

We're off to Belgium in 17ish days been to the 'Ring twice and also done a 5 country euro trip in my Cup(s).

Your gonna love the twingo on a road trip.

Took mine to le mans, loved every minute of it, ventured off the main road, found some amazing back roads and blasted down there.

The only thing that will cost u is fuel and fines, beleive me u will be paying both ;)

All I can say is "jealous"

You'll have no issues I can think, just keep the fluids checked and fuel topped up :)

I've been with my fiance and Twingo (non-cup) to Alsace (great mountain roads) and then to french riviera. Apart a fair bit of noise on german autobahns [where I've run out of fifth gear, love this car ;]] it was great!
And I'm talking about ~5000km trip (geez, just realised it was that long... :shock: ), all in 2 weeks (that was to short).
Blasting thru mountain's hairpins is totally worth it :D

Mr_Ben":izcmie7u said:
We're off to Belgium in 17ish days been to the 'Ring twice and also done a 5 country euro trip in my Cup(s).
Watcha doing in Belgium if I may ask? :p

Course you can ask :)

Of to Bruges for chocolate, chips and mayo with lashings of beer then Ghent for more of the same and then finally to Ypres for some mad cat festival that only happens every 2 years.

To be honest I prefer to use the missus' honda for long journeys as the soundproofing is a lot better. Shows that I'm getting old when that is one of my priorities!

bagseye":1q2kizgw said:
To be honest I prefer to use the missus' honda for long journeys as the soundproofing is a lot better. Shows that I'm getting old when that is one of my priorities!
You would love mine then :lol: It's getting a bit louder as time goes by and I can't see cams and headwork quietining it down :?

oh dont get me wrong i love the sound of high revving! but all the way down to newport for example. Hell no! for sure mine is defo the short blast, burn up some fuel and for putting the smile on my face. I'd be interested to see how that work gets on for you. Wishout the option of a proper custom map up this way some full on tuning is the second option

went to frankfurt and the 'ring in my cupped twinge last year, was a great little car for the job, especially in the mountains :p my satnav took me the wrong way home from the 'ring and avoided the motorway...i wasn't complaining.

only bad bit was a stretch of motorway in belgium, rubbish road surface, the tyre roar was unbearable!!!!!!

took mine from norwich to applecross (scottish highlands!) via the lake district, manchester, edinborough. It was an epic trip 2 weeks 1600 miles, twingo never missed a beat - top tip take out the back seats takes 5 mins and doubles the space in the back.

enjoy the italian roads

Mat

Did Vienna-Udine today, so crossing the mountains. Just our luck it was pouring all the way :( .. Twingo is doing good. After driving through Poland, Czech Rep and Austria I can't believe how good the Italian roads are - especially motorways. Like driving on silk.

Praying for better weather!

KamRS":ny1ltjc4 said:
Did Vienna-Udine today, so crossing the mountains. Just our luck it was pouring all the way :( .. Twingo is doing good. After driving through Poland, Czech Rep and Austria I can't believe how good the Italian roads are - especially motorways. Like driving on silk.

Praying for better weather!
glad to hear your alive and hope the weather clears up so we get a nice review of the Italian roads

Glad your going ok. Hope the weather gets better so you can enjoy the views, I can imagine them too be beautiful

Mr_Ben":1712yo9h said:
Course you can ask :)

Of to Bruges for chocolate, chips and mayo with lashings of beer then Ghent for more of the same and then finally to Ypres for some mad cat festival that only happens every 2 years.
If you're near Brussels, give me a holla :D

Enjoy our choclate, beer and fries with mayo.. it is the best in the world! :p

Although our roads have one of the worst in the world..

MovingShadow":1hf5e1z0 said:
Enjoy our choclate
True.
TRUE!!! OMG so true ;P
and fries with mayo..
FALSE!!! How can You eat it with mayo ;]
Although our roads have one of the worst in the world..
Come to Poland, You'll change your mind ;]